The Harry Potter actress, who's currently appearing on the American dance show spoke candidly to dance partner Keo Motsepe about her eating disorder and the recovery.
Irish star Evanna, 27, has spoken openly about her struggle with Anorexia Nervosa on previous occasions, and always credits J.K.Rowling and the Harry Potter books as a huge aid in her recovery.
Between the ages of 11 and 12, she spent time in two different clinics for recovery as her condition was so severe.
Speaking on the show, Evanna said: "Anyone who's had an eating disorder knows it completely takes over your life, and the only thing that could actually take my attention apart from that was the Harry Potter series".
She told Keo of how much of a part the Harry Potter creator J.K.Rowling had in her recovery, and how she inspired her to get better.
What is Anorexia?
- Anorexia is an eating disorder and serious mental health condition.
- People mainly try to keep their weight as low as possible by not eating enough or exercising to excess.
- Sufferers often have a distorted body image and can think theyare fateven when they're underweight.
- Both men and women can suffer from the condition and it most often starts in the mid-teens.
- Signs someone could be suffering from anorexia include missing meals and eating very little, taking medication to reduce hunger, periods stopping, hair loss or dizziness.
- Health risks include problems with muscles and bones, fertility problems, an irregular heartbreat and even seizures.
After falling in love with the books, Evanna wrote to J.K.Rowling's publisher, hoping the author would respond, and she did.
They exchanged letters for a while, and are still pen pals today.
While some seem to think that Evanna was casted as Luna through her relationship with Rowling, it couldn't be further from the truth.
She told the Irish Times in 2016 that while she was indeed offered work on the movie as an extra, and also given the contact for the right casting agent by J.K.Rowling, she declined the help and went to an open casting call and a series of call-backs.
And as we all know, she landed the part.
At the age of 14 she appeared in the fifth film in the franchise, The Order of the Phoenix, beating 15 thousand other auditionees.
She said: "The producer told me that she [Rowling] saw my name on the list of people who had been cast and went to check it was the same address she had been writing to.
"I hadn’t told her because it all happened so quickly."
Harry Potter's Rupert Grint has revealed that he very nearly QUIT playing Ron Weasley for normal life.
Katie Leung, who played Cho Chang in the HP movies is now starring in ITV's Strangers.
And here are some rude Harry Potter themed candles which are sure to make you giggle.
Source: Read Full Article