Coleen Nolan opens up about terrifying moment son almost died

Coleen Nolan opened up about a terrifying experience with her son, who almost choked to death.

The Loose Women presenter, 53, revealed that the experience had left her shaken and unable to look at her granddaughter while she is eating.

She revealed: "When Shane Junior was about nine or 10 months old and I was just starting to introduce some solids. I think it was a little baby biscuit and he choked.

"It was probably only a matter of seconds but it felt like hours and hours – I was on my own, it was my first child. And from that moment, to this day, I have a terrible phobia of children choking."


Coleen, who is also mum to Jake and Ciara, said that it carried on now with her granddaughter, adding: "I can’t bear to look at her."

Right after the choking incident, Coleen admitted that she had become scared to give him anything.

"Everything had to be pureed and they grew up [as] real fussy eaters," she said.

Read More

Coleen Nolan and Ray Fensome divorce

  • Coleen Nolan mourns marriage
  • Who is Ray Fensome?
  • Real reason behind divorce
  • Coleen Nolan’s rocky love life

Nadia Sawalha pointed out that she may have had PTSD afterwards, explaining: "If you thought your baby could have died… it doesn’t surprise me."

Dr Hilary later demonstrated to the panel various techniques to use if a baby or child was choking.

He said: "The best thing is to go on a first aid course where you become confident in the technique. The technique itself isn’t difficult but you need to be confident and a little bit harsh with the strength of the blows that you give to dislodge whatever it is."

*Loose Women airs weekdays at 12.30pm on ITV

Source: Read Full Article