Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been caught in another snafu. During their tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired on March 7, 2021, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said that they “didn’t have a plan” when they decided to leave the UK and step down as senior members of the royal family. “The Netflix and the Spotify [deals]… that was never part of the plan. We didn’t have a plan. That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford… security for us,” Harry told Oprah (via CBS).
The two maintained that things had gotten so bad, that moving out of the country was the best option. The Duke and Duchess went on to detail how the press constantly put Meghan in a negative light, and even claimed that members of the royal family were concerned about Archie’s skin tone. And so, the two decided it was time to leave. Harry told Oprah that he wouldn’t have been able to make the big move without the money that he was left by his mother, Princess Diana, who died in 1997. However, a new report from The Telegraph seems to contradict what the couple claimed. Read on to find out what The Telegraph uncovered.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have been planning their exit from the royal family for a while
According to The Telegraph, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were reportedly in talks with Quibi, a now-defunct, subscription-based streaming platform that was headquartered in the United States. The meetings allegedly happened before Archie was born, and sources claim that there was a proposal involving the couple on the table. “A lot of it was orchestrated by Meghan’s people in America,” a source told The Telegraph. “There were well-developed proposals in place with Quibi from early 2019,” a second source added.
It has also been reported that Harry had a meeting with James Holt, the current director of Archewell — before Megxit — according to The Sun. This information certainly does not match the story that Harry and Meghan told Oprah Winfrey during their interview. “That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford security for us,” Harry told Oprah (via CBS). Now, many are left wondering if Harry and Meghan had been planning their exit strategy for longer than they initially let on, perhaps getting themselves set up for financial success even before announcing their decision to step down as senior members of the royal family. At the time of this writing, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had not issued a response to The Telegraph’s report.
Source: Read Full Article