A BLOKE who offered to do housework for the first time broke his leg when he tripped over the vacuum cleaner and fell

A BLOKE who offered to do housework for the first time tripped over the vacuum cleaner, fell down the stairs and broke his leg.

But as Nathan Marsh, 26, lay in agony calling for help, fiancée Bethan Watling, 24, thought it was a ruse to dodge chores.


She said: “When I found him in a pile at the bottom of the stairs, he was tangled in the vacuum cord and couldn’t walk.

“I thought he was pulling a fast one.”

Bethan eventually called an ambulance but the farcical scenes continued when paramedics could not get Nathan out of the house in a wheelchair and had to call the fire brigade.

Firefighters had to remove a window to get him out, finally carrying Nathan off strapped to a board.

Nathan, from Rhondda Cynon Taf, spent four weeks resting in bed and six in a cast.

Bethan said: “He’s completely recovered now and doing fine.

“It hasn’t got him out of doing the housework though.

“I still try and get him to do a bit of cleaning but definitely nothing upstairs.”

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too.

Click here to upload yours.

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article