Co-op is helping strapped for cash students survive term time by offering up student discount on groceries.
Students with a valid NUS card will be able to claim 10% discount on their food shop at supermarket chain, and the offer is available in all stores across the UK.
And if students are a member of Co-op they will also get an extra 5% reward on any purchases of Co-op’s own brand items.
The chain is the only supermarket offering the discount in partnership with NUS Extra, and it looks set to help many university students who will be t fending for themselves come September.
Speaking about the new discounts Ali Jones, Co-op’s Customer Director, said: “Our aim is to be at the heart of local life, connecting communities and bringing people together. With many students living away from home for the first time our partnership with NUS extra supports them at a key time – eating together is an essential part of the social experience, and plays a vital part in supporting the health and wellbeing of students."
But Co-op isn’t the only supermarket to offer this type of student discount on food and household essentials. Last year Iceland announced they were rolling out student discounts to shoppers with a valid UniDAYS account.
The scheme allows students to save £4 off online orders from Iceland when they spend £40 or more. Ideal if you’re part of a house share and want to split the cost of everyday essentials with your flatmates.
More NUS student discounts
- National Express tickets – ideal if you’re planning regular trips home and want to save on travel costs.
- ODEON cinema tickets – save even more money off student tickets at select ODEON cinemas across the UK. The offer is only valid from Monday – Thursday but also includes 3D films.
- 12% discount on 16-25 Railcard – a must for those who are moving further afield to study.
- ASOS – save on a new wardrobe and look the part for the start of university.
- Pizza Express – for when hunger strikes and a pot noodle just won’t cut it.
Source: Read Full Article