TURN the January Sales into the January Saves.
Hot on the heels of the bumper Black Friday and Christmas price cuts, some stores have slashed prices even further, so there are hundreds of red-hot deals on offer.
Here’s my best family buys, so you're set to save for the New Year.
SAVE 25% or more
Russell Hobbs Athena Pet Vacuum Cleaner – was £82 now £60 at Morrisons
SAVE: £22 (27%)
Large 5 Aperture Photo Ladder, was £32.99 now £19.70 at The Range
SAVE: £13.20 (40%)
Most read in Fabulous
GOING GOING GONE
Shopper shows off HUGE sale haul – but gets slammed for ‘clearing shelves’
GOING GOING GONE
My sister-in-law infected my whole family after lying about taking a Covid test
Mum breaks down after pal asks her to return blanket she buried her dead baby in
Towie's Georgia Kousoulou raves about 'amazing' £5 product for teething babies
Dressing Table Set with Touch Screen LED Mirror, was £299 now £162 at ManoMano.com
SAVE: £137 (45%)
SAVE 50% or more
Bertie Sausage Dog 12 Piece Ochre Dinner Set, was £20 now £10 at Dunelm.com
SAVE: £10 (50%)
Slumberdown Ultimate Comfort Kingsize Duvet, was £24 now £12 at Morrisons
SAVE: £12 (50%)
Slumberdown Pillow Pair, was £12 now £6 at Morrisons
SAVE: £6 (50%)
SAVE 60% or more
Mantaray Wadded Funnel Jacket, was £99 now £28
SAVE: £71 (72%)
Oral B Genius X Limited Edition Electric Toothbrush in Pink, was £339 now £89.99 at Very.co.uk
SAVE: £249.01 (73%)
Morrisons Flower Reed Diffuser, was £10 now £2 at Morrisons.com
SAVE: £8 (80%)
CRUNCH DOWN THE COSTS
· Most January Sales stock is limited, so shop early and prioritise what you really need.
· Before you buy, check it really is a good deal. Use a price tracking site like PriceSpy to look back at the cost during Black Friday and the Summer Sales to see if it’s likely to be cheaper another time of year.
· Points mean lower prices. If you’ve racked up extra loyalty points on your Christmas shop, use these to lower the cost on your January sales buys.
· Shopping in-store? Haggle to see if you can knock even more off the cost.
· Got a voucher for Xmas? Spend it on sales items to cut the cost even further.
Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK
Need to make quick cash after Christmas? Then clear your clutter on resale app Twig.
One of raft of new instant payment services, Twig offers traditional banking services like direct debits and a debit card along with an app where you can upload your unwanted items in your wardrobe.
Simply snap and upload the item you want to sell and Twig’s AI technology
calculates the re-sale price. If you are happy, you can cash it out immediately, receiving the money into your Twig account.
Twig takes on the responsibility of either selling on or upcycling the item and you ship the item when it is sold.
Twig founder Geri Cupi said: “Currently, three in five of us throw away items just “because it’s easier’. Twig aims to be a sustainable, easy way to make money by decluttering and help you save extra cash for your family.”
Geri’s Tips for Families on a Budget
1. Understand the total cost of ownership of a purchase. It can be better to buy something a little more expensive that you can sell on when you no longer need it, rather than something cheaper which has no resale value.
2. Using a budgeting ratio to manage your money. The most popular is 50:30:20 meaning 50 per cent for needs, 30 per cent for wants and 20 per cent for savings or paying off debt.
3. Be more sustainable and spend less simply by buying less. Choose your purchases carefully and don’t give in to impulse buying. Invest in items you’ll get use out of for as long as possible.
Source: Read Full Article