Man stabbed to death ‘with swords’ in Brixton youth club is pictured

A man who was brutally stabbed to death after being chased into a youth club has been pictured for the first time.

Police have released an image of Glendon Spence, 23, who they saywas the victim of a "premeditated" attack in Brixton.

Emergency services tried in vain to save the 23-year-old after they were called on Thursday to reports of a stabbing.

But despite their efforts – and those of eyewttnesses who tried to stop the bleeding – Glendon died at the scene about 45 minutes later.

A resident of the area previously told the Mirror eyewitnesses had claimed to her to have seen two hooded men armed with sword-like knives rush into the packed youth club and stab the young man to death in front of young children.

Carer Sandra Smith said her son knew Glendon, calling him a "quiet," and "smiley" lad who would come over to her house and play computer games.

“You have some boys giving trouble, but not him, nobody could say that he was a troublemaker," she said.

But despite the London Ambulance paramedics’ efforts, the young man died of his wounds outside Marcus Lipton Youth Club in Lambeth.

The young man’s death comes amid a continuing trail of bloodshed in the capital.

London’s homicide death toll peaked at its highest in almost a decade by the end of 2018, with concerns rising over youth violence in the capital amid a spate of stabbings involving teens.

The Metropolitan Police Major Crime Command and homicide investigators are probing Glendon’s death, and say they have not yet arrested any culprits.

“We know that the incident started outside the youth club and that Glendon was chased into the building and stabbed in what we believe was a premeditated, targeted attack," Detective Chief Inspector Richard Vandenbergh, who is leading the investigation.

An autopsy at Greenwich Mortuary the day after the attack confirmed Spence had died from his stab wounds, police said.

Detectives are scouring CCTV footage, and the forensic investigation at the scene continues.

Investigators have made a plea for the public’s help identifying who was responsible for the deadly attack.

“If you were there and you haven’t spoken to officers please do get in touch and share what you saw or what you know, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

All information will be treated in the strictest confidence and your call could help us remove violent criminals from your area.”`

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • First the heatwave – then the snow
  • Meghan Markle getting it SO wrong claim
  • Hitch-hiking Brit raped at side of road
  • Paedophiles hunt kids through TikTok

Source: Read Full Article