The Queen and other royals are "very sad" that baby Archie isn't likely to join his parents for their final engagements, it is reported.
Mum Meghan Markle is expected to leave nine-month-old Archie in Canada when she returns to the UK this week for her and husband Prince Harry's last days as working royals.
It is thought that Archie will stay with a nanny and family friend Jessica Mulroney while Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, are here.
Harry returned to the UK last week, and he and Meghan are due to appear together at three events early this month before they officially quit public life on March 31.
The Queen, 93, and the Royal Family are understood to be "very sad" that they have seen so little of Archie since he was born in May last year, the Sunday Times reported.
Archie hasn't been the UK this year and for the past three months has been in Canada, where the Sussexes have been staying in a waterfront mansion on Vancouver Island.
The Queen and Prince Philip, 98, met their great-grandson at Windsor Castle when he was two days old, but missed his christening two months later because they were attending an annual private weekend they host at Sandringham.
Archie is said to have met his cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis at a polo match in July, but contact since then has been minimal, it was reported.
Harry and Meghan have kept Archie out of the public eye.
The last official sighting was a photo – showing Harry holding his son – that was posted on the couple's Instagram account.
Meanwhile, detectives protecting Harry and Meghan have been staying in a luxury taxpayer-funded £1,100-a-week Airbnb in Canada.
The Duke and Duchess's security team were housed close to the couple's eight-bedroom oceanfront mansion on Vancouver Island, having access to a beach and sea views.
Only when Harry flew back to the UK last week for his remaining public appearances before stepping back fully from royal life later this month, did the protection officers move out.
A neighbour said: "There used to be a security team there. They moved out a few days ago when Harry went. We haven't seen them since."
Other officers are understood to be accommodated elsewhere on the island and had been staying in a waterfront hotel since the couple arrived in Canada in November.
It is understood the move will stretch resources on the Met Police, who are in charge of protecting the couple, further.
While the Duke and Duchess are protected in the UK, it will mean their son will also require security as he remains in Canada.
The arrangement will intensify the debate about the cost of the couple's round-the-clock protection which the Mirror revealed has been estimated to be as high as £20million per year.
Since moving to Vancouver Island, both Scotland Yard officers and Canadian Mounties have provided officers.
Last week, Harry and Meghan were dealt a bitter blow when Canada announced it would no longer be contributing to their security on March 31, when they step down as working royals to pursue money-spinning commercial careers.
The decision came as polls found only one in five Canadians believed paying for the couple's security was an appropriate use of state funds.
The move has left the UK taxpayers to cover the entire cost.
The spiralling costs to protect the couple and Archie has prompted senior Met Police officers to draft emergency plans to double their protection team.
Source: Read Full Article