A SAVVY shopper has shared a Morrisons shopping hack that lets you get cheese extra cheap.
You need to be in a Morrison's that has a salad bar, and keep an eye out for when there are half price deals.
When that happens you choose one of the large salad boxes and stuff it full of cheese.
That means you'll only be paying £1.87 for as much cheese as you can stuff in the bowl.
Jo posted the hack in the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Facebook group saying: "Half price large salad boxes at morrisons £1.87 so I filled mine with cheese."
Other shoppers loved the hack, which has had over 6.4 thousand likes and over 1.9 thousand comments so far.
Most people thought it was a brilliant idea. For instance, George said: "cheap cheese, love the idea!".
However, some felt like Jo could have squeezed more cheese in to get an ever better bargain.
Diane said: "Anyone else thinking they could squeeze more in?"
Other people said they'd used the same hack to buy other high value items on the salad bar.
Jess said: "I filled mine with more expensive things like the beetroot pickle and coleslaw- thought I had a bargain! Clearly not!"
And Elise added: "I do the same but with olives."
Whether you'll truly get a bargain, depends on how much cheese you can fit into the container.
For instance, morrisons charges £1.90 for an ordinary block of cheddar weighing 250g.
That means you need to get that much cheese in your salad box to make it cheaper than buying the normal way.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
MONEY.CO.UK has shared some top tips with us to help you keep your supermarket spend down to a minimum.
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn't on your list, don't put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don't buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they'll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
How to get a Big Mac and fries for less than half price EVERY time.
Aldi shopper shares ‘genius’ trolley hack to speed up the checkout process.
Woman shares simple hack to keep canned food fresh once it’s open & it’s a ‘life changer’.
Source: Read Full Article