“The Hills: New Beginnings” isn’t taking any chances with coronavirus.
The show’s production company, Evolution, is going to great lengths to adhere to Los Angeles County and network guidelines, but MTV has put an indefinite hold on production, leaving the cast angry, an insider told Page Six on Thursday.
“Evolution has hired an outside consultant, an infectious disease doctor and a team that will be doing the testing — and, if need be, contact tracing — if someone was to get COVID-19,” the insider said. “They’ve been in touch with LA County Health officials on a regular basis as well.”
We’re told that all filming locations will be cleaned prior to shooting and since the cast does their own glam and wardrobe, there will be fewer people on set than in a scripted series.
But Viacom and MTV aren’t ready to put the plan into motion just yet.
“The network has not told the cast why they were put on hold,” the insider said. “Evolution spent months getting ready to start filming and now MTV has gone silent on them.”
“It’s shocking that when the world is starving for new content, they won’t allow ‘The Hills’ to safely return,” the insider concluded. “Everyone is perplexed. ‘The Hills’ is a flagship staple for MTV and the cast is ready, willing and able to pick up filming again with LA County signing off on it. People are starving for content and they can do a ton of filming outside and in people’s homes without going into public spaces.”
Page Six previously reported that “The Hills: New Beginnings” filmed three episodes before production was shut down due to the pandemic.
It is unclear which cast members shot scenes during that time, but Brody Jenner, Audrina Patridge, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, Justin Bobby, Frankie Delgado, Whitney Port, Brandon Thomas Lee, Jason Wahler and Kaitlynn Carter are all set to return to the MTV series.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article