There are many reasons why you might set up a Facebook group: to get advice on a certain subject, to gather friends in one place, or to reach out to a wider community based around a subject you love.
But sometimes, interest may fade, or the group will have served its purpose, and now it just hangs there as an inactive tab on your Facebook page.
Here is everything you need to know about deleting a Facebook group for good.
How do I delete a Facebook group?
Firstly, you can only delete a Facebook group if you are the admin of that group.
If you did not create the group or have not been assigned as an admin, then you should be able to leave the group easily enough by heading into the settings of the group in question and selecting to leave.
You can also select an option so that you are never invited to join the group again.
If you are the group admin, you can permanently delete the group.
Simply leaving the group when you are the admin will not delete it, as you must first remove all the members in it to permanently erase it.
To delete a group, follow these simple steps:
- From your news feed, click groups in the left menu and select your group from groups you manage or by searching for it.
- Click members below the name of the group.
- Click next to each member’s name and select remove member.
- Click confirm.
- Once you’ve removed the other members, click next to your name and select leave group.
- Click leave group.
Unfortunately, you cannot delete members of a group in bulk so you’ll have to remove each persona individually.
Deleting a group is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, so make sure you’re 100% sure you want to delete it.
Alternatively, you can pause a group if you need a break from maintaining it – the differences between pausing and deleting a group can be found on the Facebook help centre.
How do I deactivate my Facebook account?
If you want to leave Facebook altogether, that requires a different set of steps.
To delete your Facebook account, follow these steps:
- Click the upside-down triangle in the top right corner of any Facebook page.
- Go to settings and privacy.
- Select settings.
- Select the ‘your Facebook information’ option from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Select deactivation and delete from the bottom of the list that appears and follow the instructions.
You will be able to choose between permanently deleting your Facebook account or temporarily pausing it to take a break from social media.
MORE: How to check if your number was in the Facebook data breach
MORE: How social media ‘likes’ change the way we feel about our memories
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Share your views in the comments below.
Source: Read Full Article