On the February 4, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss the latest film and TV news, including the favorite to win Best Picture at the Oscars, Chris Pratt returning to television, AppleTV+ and Disney+ subscription numbers, and Chris Rock’s Saw reboot getting a title. And in our Feature Presentation, HT will tell us about her experience at the London premiere and junket for WB’s Birds of Prey.
In The News:
- HT: ‘1917’ is the Favorite to Win Best Picture at the 2020 Oscars, According to Oddsmakers
- Ben: ‘The Terminal List’: Chris Pratt Returning to Television for Director Antoine Fuqua
- HT: Only 10% of Eligible Apple Customers Have Signed Up for AppleTV+
- Ben (og Brad): Disney+ Has Raked in Over 25 Million Subscribers Since Launching Last Fall, But Will They Stick Around?
- Ben (og Chris): Yes, Chris Rock’s ‘Saw’ Reboot Really is Titled ‘Spiral: From the Book of Saw’
In our Feature Presentation:
- How a Tiny Moment Between Harley Quinn and Black Canary Became a Defining Moment in ‘Birds of Prey’
- Why ‘Birds of Prey’ Took Creative Liberties With Its Comic Book Characters
- How Jackie Chan and ‘John Wick’ Inspired the Action Sequences in ‘Birds of Prey’
- Cathy Yan Interview
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article