DRAKE praised his 2011 album Take Care and ignored the Astroworld tragedy in a new Instagram post.
The 35-year-old shared throwback photos, which marks his first post since his apology for the concert deaths.
Drake took to Instagram on Monday to share a series of photos taken while he was working on and promoting his album Take Care, which debuted 10 years ago.
Some of the snaps included Drake on the cover of a newspaper, the rapper backstage and in the studio, the album’s track list and a shirt from the Club Paradise Tour.
Alongside the nostalgic photos, Drake wrote: “Is the feeling mutual? Take Care 10 Years Later."
The post marks the hitmaker’s first time sharing content on his Instagram timeline since he shared a statement following the Astroworld tragedy.
Several days after the fatal event took place, Drake took to Instagram to share his sadness over the event.
In a text post, he wrote: "I've spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around the devastating tragedy.
"I hate resorting to this platform to express and emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself."
Drake continued: "My heart is broken for the family and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering.
Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for the very latest news and updates…
"I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can."
The post concluded: "May God be with you all."
Drake's statement came after he received heat from fans for staying silent after the tragedy.
Earlier this month, a horrific incident occurred when the Astroworld Festivalcrowd of 50,000 showed up for the two-day event.
Officials in Houston, Texas said the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9:15 pm, sparking panic.
Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said recently: “We had at least eight confirmed fatalities today. We had scores of individuals injured at this event.”
He added that a "mass casualty incident" was triggered at 9:38 pm and investigations are ongoing.
The Fire Chief added: "At approximately 9:15 pm the crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage and that caused some panic and it started causing some injuries.
"People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic."
Event organizers announced one day later that the festival was canceled.
It was revealed Drake will have to deal with legal ramifications, as a suit has been filed against him, fellow performer Travis Scott, Live Nation and NRG Stadium.
According to the Daily Mail, the plaintiff is 23-year-old Kristian Paredes, who was “severely injured” in the stampede.
The plaintiff's attorney wrote: “Defendants failed to properly plan and conduct the concert in a safe manner.
“Instead, they consciously ignored the extreme risks of harm to concertgoers, and, in some cases actively encouraged and fomented dangerous behaviors."
Additionally, Drake and Travis, 30, have been accused of "inciting mayhem" during the incident.
Before Drake released his statement, Travis reacted on social media by writing: "I am absolutely devastated by what took place last night.
"My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival…"
Source: Read Full Article