Phillip Schofield almost jumped off of the sofa after being given a painful electric shock live on This Morning.
The presenter, 56, had been talking to a trainer promoting the use of electric dog collars when he asked pet trainer Jamie Penrith to shock him with the collar as a dog would be.
Initially, Phil said that the shock didn’t hurt too much. However later on he asked for him to turn it up to 100.
Jumping when he was shocked, Phil asked: "Was that 100?"
However Jamie said that it was just 33 and a worried Holly exclaimed: "Don’t turn it up then."
Phil was adamant and got him to turn it up even more.
As Jamie turned up the dial, Phil’s face almost turned red and was forced to drop the collar.
"That really was quite uncomfortable," he said.
Jamie appeared on the ITV daytime show to promote the use of electric dog collars, while trainer Eryn Martyn-Godfrey slammed then for being "primitive" and "inhumane".
While Jamie said that there was a "definite need for restrictive legislation", viewers still slammed him for being "cruel".
One tweeted: "Anyone that uses an electric shock collar on a dog, should be charged with animal abuse, and banned from keeping animals. As ThisMorning demonstrated a human can let go, a dog can’t. It’s sick, it’s barbaric and there’s absolutely no justification for using one, EVER."
While another commented: "’Ban the electric collar?’.. 100%. It’s cruel and unnecessary. Use your brain people, if you feel the need to use something like that, you shouldn’t own a animal period. ThisMorning."
A third remarked: "Omg so wrong put that collar round he’s bloody neck. #ThisMorning."
*This Morning airs weekdays at 10.30am on ITV
Source: Read Full Article