REGE-Jean Page's massive offer to appear in Bridgerton series two has been revealed.
The Netflix period drama will return with a second season but it won't feature the Duke of Hastings star – and now we know why.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Viewers were shocked when it was announced Regé, 31, would not be reprising his role in Bridgerton series two, and it may come as an even bigger shock that he turned down a hefty sum to appear as a guest-star.
He was only slated to appear in the first season, but the Hollywood Reporterrevealed the actor was offered a five-episode deal for season two, with a reported rate of a whopping $50,000 (£36,000) per episode.
However, the dosh couldn't tempt Page to don the royal finery of the Duke once again, firstly due to his growing film career.
He is set to star alongside Chris Evans in upcoming movie The Gray Man, as well as assuming the lead role in Warner Bros movie Dungeons & Dragons, which is scheduled for release in 2022.
It's also worth mentioning that if the Duke were to appear in Bridgerton series two, he was unlikely to play a prominent role.
This is due to the narrative shifting to a different Bridgerton sibling, and series one was focused on the life of Daphne Bridgerton, who Regé's character Simon Bassett would go on to marry and start a family with.
It is expected that Phoebe Dynevor's Daphne will still be a key cast member as the show progresses.
The former Waterloo Road star commented on his departure last week, where he stated elaborated on the "one season arc" for his character.
"It's a one-season arc. It's going to have a beginning, middle, end – give us a year," he said.
"[I thought] 'That's interesting,' because then it felt like a limited series. I get to come in, I get to contribute my bit and then the Bridgerton family rolls on."
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Speaking of the star's film career, there is speculation he will become the next James Bond.
Regé-Jean’s name has been added to the ever-growing list of people who might take over from Daniel Craig.
No official announcement has been made but that hasn’t stopped the speculation from flying.
Bookies reckon he could be unveiled as the next James Bond after Daniel Craig, as Ladbrokes has lowered the odds of him replacing Daniel Craig as 007 from 5/1 to just 7/2.
He is now second favourite to bag the part, sitting slightly behind in the running to Tom Hardy.
Source: Read Full Article