On the June 4, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening banter: The whole team is back together!
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter was at Disneyland for three days and basically lived inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Watch our videos and subscribe to the new YouTube channel.
- Chris went to New Orleans for the Overlook Film Festival, did a ghost tour, and got generally very sweaty.
- Jacob has been aggressively theme park planning.
- Brad went on a ski lift ride at the Sundance Resort in the Wasatch Mountains
- Peter’s been reading some of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge comics.
- Jacob read American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell.
- Peter and HT both saw X-Men: Dark Phoenix but can’t talk about it.
- Jacob, HT and Ben watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters.
- Ben talks about seeing it in 4Dx.
- Brad and HT watched Always Be My Maybe.
- Jacob watched Rocketman and Game of Thrones: The Last Watch.
- Chris saw several things at the Overlook Film Festival, most notably Depraved and The Lodge.
- Brad watched Instant Family, Aladdin, the most recent season of The Great British Baking Show
- Ben rewatched No Country For Old Men and saw Alfred Hitchcock’s Strangers on a Train.
- Hoai-Tran rewatched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
- Brad tried Hershey and Pillsbury Fillows cereals, Drumsticks cereals, and Mountain Dew Liberty Brew and Dark Berry Dr. Pepper
- Peter got an Oculus Quest and has been playing Beat Saber and Super Hot.
- Jacob finally hosted his first Star Wars RPG session.
- Brad played the yard game Kubb
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article