Boy, 1, dies after becoming entangled in blind cords in his home

A little boy has died after becoming entangled in blind cords at his home in Cork.

The child was rushed to Cork University Hospital at around 1pm this afternoon in a critical condition but was pronounced dead a short time later.

The tragedy happened at the family home in Dublin Hill in Co Cork today.

Gardai are investigating the sudden death and a file is being prepared for the Coroner.

A garda spokeswoman told The Irish Mirror: "Gardaí are investigating a sudden death incident that occurred at a house in Delaney Park, Dublin Hill Co. Cork on the 11th September 2018 at approximately 1pm.

"An infant boy was brought to Cork University Hospital where he pronounced dead a short time later."

Read More

Top Stories from Mirror Online

  • Princess Diana’s lover Oliver Hoare dies
  • ‘Burglars’ dealt with by vigilantes
  • Brit shot dead at Costa del Sol hotel
  • Madeleine search shelved ‘within weeks’

This is not the first time that a child has died after becoming wrapped in blind cords.

Muireann McLaughlin was just two when she died after trapping herself in a looped cord in her bedroom at home .

According to her parents Kate and Angus, she had climbed on a window box to wave goodbye to her grandmother in February 2008.

She tripped and knocked herself unconscious as her neck got caught in the looped blind cord and died a short time later from strangulation.

In another incident, Karen Shelley, 42, from Kent, watched her son as he became tangled in window blinds .

Riley, who was two at the time, had stood on the windowsill and fell through the plastic cord. Luckily her quick reactions meant that Riley survived and was left with bruising on his neck.

Source: Read Full Article