A customer had a traumatic experience when their car suddenly burst into flames at a McDonald's drive-thru restaurant.
Footage posted on social media captured the moment the vehicle was engulfed in fire at the fast-food giant's restaurant in Newton Heath, Manchester, this afternoon (October 8).
The car was stationary at the ordering station when it went up in flames, Manchester Evening News reports.
Footage shows smoke billowing through the car park as people watch the chaos unfold in shock.
The driver, although not having the Mcdonald's experience they'd quite hoped for, is believed to have escaped unhurt as fire ripped through the car and smoke enveloped the premises.
Witness Shauna Povah, 23, from Failsworth, recorded the terrifying incident on her phone.
She told MEN: "I felt really scared. I was really worried about the person in the car.
"It wasn't a nice thing to see."
Firefighters were called to the restaurant on Oldham Road just before 2pm and doused the burning car in water.
They remained at the scene for about an hour.
A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "At 13:59pm on 08 October 2020 one fire engine from Philips Park was called to a report of a fire involving a car on Oldham Road, Manchester.
"Firefighters used a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
"Crews were in attendance for approximately an hour."
This comes after it emerged McDonald's and Nando's were planning to launch "vegan burgers" in the UK.
Source: Read Full Article