Scotland’s First Minister today revealed anyone can apply to have a test if they show signs of having the virus.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Speaking at her daily press conference, Ms Sturgeon explained anyone who was suffering with a cough, fever or loss of smell would be eligible for the test.
She said: "From today, we are widening the number of people who can be tested for COVID-19. Anyone over the age of 5 who has any of the three symptoms of COVID-19, will now be able to book a test.
"Tests can be booked online, priority will be given to key workers, and these can be booked through an employers."
The change means now anyone in Scotland who thinks they have the virus can go online and immediately book one.
These will then be at drive-in centres across the country, with the army working on mobile testing units to make it easier for those in remote areas.
It comes as a loss of taste and smell were added to the official symptoms of coronavirus.
England's deputy chief medical officer today announced one suffering from either will have to self-isolate for seven days and their family remain indoors for 14.
In a boost for Boris Johnson, 49-year-old also praised the UK Government for helping it to happen.
She said: "Today's expansion is a result of co-operation between NHS Scotland, the Scottish Government and the UK government.
"It will help more people to know if they have the virus, and it will also be helpful as we build towards our strategy of Test, Trace, Isolate."
Currently tests in the rest of the UK are only available to key workers, people who can't work at home and the over-65s if they have symptoms.
The Health Secretary Matt Hancock is expected to unveil an expansion of the UK's "swab" testing in parliament later today.
His appearance comes after it emerged the Government's full full test, track and trace programme has been delayed til next week.
The scheme was supposed to be up and running from today.
Ms Sturgeon also announced the Scottish Government would publish its own "routemap" to easing lockdown measures on Thursday.
She added: "Thursday’s routemap will confirm that – assuming we see progress in suppressing the virus – the first phase will start from the next formal review date of 28 May."
Boris published his own full roadmap to end the coronavirus lockdown last week.
The PM published a lengthy plan to get the country back to normal with an array of changes.
He told the House of Commons: "If everyone stays alert and follows the rules, we can control the virus, keep the rate of infection down and the keep number of infections down.
"And this Mr Speaker is how we can continue to save lives, and livelihoods, as we begin to recover from coronavirus."
It comes as the UK death toll reached 34,636 yesterday and an increase of 170 on Saturday.