The families of two young girls killed in a mishap with an exploding hoverboard are reportedly taking legal action.
In a civil lawsuit, the relatives blamed the LayZ Board device for the March 2017 deaths of 2-year-old Ashanti Hughes and 10-year-old Savannah Dominick in a fire at a home in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, news station WHTM reported.
They alleged that the deadly blaze started when the charging hoverboard overheated and exploded near the front door.
When the fire spread, the little girls became trapped on an upstairs ledge, which eventually gave way and sent them falling into the flames, according to news station WGAL.
Fire officials later determined that the hoverboard caused the girls to perish.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has since warned people to stop charging and using the hoverboards.
The victims’ families claimed the LayZ Board maker and seller were negligent in advertising a device known to overheat and ignite.
The suit is seeking more than $50,000 in damages, WGAL reported.
Source: Read Full Article