Firefighters save pig's bacon after it ate another swine's pedometer

Firefighters save pig’s bacon after it ate another swine’s pedometer – and caught fire when it came out the other end

  • Firefighters were called to the pigpen in Bramham, West Yorkshire, on Sunday
  • Blaze had been caused by copper from the device’s batteries reacting with hay
  • Pedometer had clearly been mistaken by a pig as a tasty snack 

When firefighters received the call, you might have forgiven them for thinking someone was telling porkies.

The emergency? A fire sparked after a pig ate a pedometer and then nature took its course… 

Fire crews were called to the pigpen in Bramham, West Yorkshire, to put out the blaze, thought to have been caused by copper from the device’s batteries reacting with the hay. 

The pedometer, used to prove the animals are free-range, had clearly been mistaken for a tasty snack by one of the hogs.

No pigs were harmed in the fire on Saturday, after which North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue wrote on Twitter: ‘This should be an oink, not a tweet. A hose reel was used to extinguish the fire and save the bacon.’

Fire crews were called to the pigpen in Bramham, West Yorkshire, (pictured) to put out the blaze, thought to have been caused by copper from the device’s batteries reacting with the hay


Share this article

Source: Read Full Article