Meanwhile, fellow presenter Rachel Riley is facing a two day delay to her Christmas getaway after revealing she'd been caught in the chaos bringing misery to 200,000 passengers.
After the biggest disruption at the airport since a volcanic ash cloud in 2010, Gatwick said its runway was open and that 700 planes were due to take off today but there would still be delays and cancellations.
The Army and police snipers were called in to hunt down the drones which flew near the airport every time it tried to reopen on Thursday.
Grand Tour presenter Clarkson last night slammed the flight wrecker who shut down the West Sussex airport.
He tweeted: "I really hope that when the fat s*** at Gatwick is caught, someone kills him."
Clarkson, 58, said he'd not been directly caught up in the chaos, adding: "I just feel so sorry for all the people who've been affected."
Countdown's Rachel Riley tweeted to say her flight had been delayed by two days as police, the Army and MI5 hunted the culprit.
She said: "Flight rescheduled for 2 days time. Blimmin drones.
"Least we’re home, sleep and a shower calling! #Gatwick #Drones."
Gatwick Airport has today reopened for a "limited number" of flights.
Flights in and out of the airport were suspended on Wednesday night, with the shutdown continuing throughout Thursday despite a brief reopening in the early hours.
At just before 6.30am on Friday, Gatwick said the runway was "currently available" with "limited number of aircraft" scheduled for departure and arrival.
The reopening comes despite no confirmation from police that a drone has been brought down or that there have been any arrests.
On Thursday night, police revealed there had been more than 50 sightings of the drone in the 24 hours from 9pm on Wednesday, when the airport first closed.
Chris Woodroofe, Gatwick's chief operating officer, said 120,000 passengers' flights had been disrupted.
It's thought a further 80,000 passengers were hit by the knock-on effects.
Source: Read Full Article