COMPLAINTS for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's ITV Oprah interview have now risen to more than 5,000, it has been confirmed.
Another 778 complaints were recorded for the bombshell chat between March 16 and March 22, according to Ofcom's weekly broadcast report.
? Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
It brings the total number of complaints against the ITV airing to 5,176, after an initial 4,398 were logged between March 2 and March 15.
The tell-all chat, which was watched by 12.4million viewers when it first aired in the UK, made a series of fierce revelations about the Royal Family.
Ofcom has not revealed which elements of the interview the complaints referred to.
The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey of conversations with Prince Harry and a "family" member about their unborn son and what colour his skin would be – and "what that would mean or look like".
But the 39-year-old declined to say who had started those conversations, saying it would be "damaging" for them.
Prince Harry also said he would "never share" the full details of the discussion but that he was asked at the start of his relationship with Meghan, how dark the skin of their children might be.
Meghan also revealed in the interview that she had suicidal thoughts while working as a senior royal.
The Duchess said she begged for help from the Firm after struggling with her mental health – saying it was her husband who "saved" her.
She said she had been told she would not be able to seek help as it "wouldn't be good for the institution."
Breaking down in tears, pregnant Meghan said: "I just didn't see a solution.
"I didn't want to be alive anymore."
ITV has since been inundated with grievances in relation to the chat, with Piers Morgan's rant and row with Alex Beresford on Good Morning Britain receiving an initial 57,121 Ofcom complaints – the most ever.
It came after Piers, 55, made a number of dismissive comments about Meghan's claims to have had issues with her mental health during the show.
He even claimed he didn't believe the Duchess was left feeling suicidal.
An Ofcom spokesperson said: "We have launched an investigation into Monday's episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules."
Shortly afterwards it was announced that Piers would not be returning to the programme.
Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah is understood to have sent shockwaves through the Royal Family, with members said to have been in crisis talks when it aired.
The Queen has since said the claims raised, including those regarding concerns over the colour of Archie's skin would be investigated and "addressed privately".
A response from the Palace read: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."
It added: “Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”
The Sun Online has approached the Sussexes for comment.
Source: Read Full Article