MEGHAN Markle has been told NOT to attend Prince Philip's funeral due to her pregnancy but her husband Prince Harry will be there.
The service for the Duke of Edinburgh will take place at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle next Saturday – the same place where Harry and Meghan wed in 2018.
? Read our live blog for the very latest news on Prince Philip's death…
However, it was revealed late this afternoon that although Harry will fly in from the US for the sombre ceremony, his wife will stay at home.
Meghan, 39, is currently pregnant and is believed to have taken advice from doctors about whether or not to make the 12-hour flight from California.
Harry is “united in grief” with his family over the death of Prince Philip and is reported to be making immediate plans to fly back to Britain.
It would mark the first time he has come face-to-face with his family since he and Meghan sat down with Oprah Winfrey for their explosive interview last month.
Two royal experts believe that the funeral could offer Harry a chance to heal any rift the interview may have caused.
Sources claimed the Duke of Sussex spoke to several members of his family following his grandfather's death on Friday, including Prince Charles.
The insider said: “He said he wants to be with everyone and was already making arrangements to come home.”
The highly-respected Press Association earlier reported it was "likely Harry will be among the small number of mourners" at the private service.
Meghan and Harry paid a poignant tribute to Harry's grandfather on Friday afternoon, leaving a message on their Archewell website.
The Duke of Edinburgh passed away "peacefully" at Windsor Castle on Friday aged 99 after being by the Queen's side for more than 70 years.
His funeral will take place at 3pm on Saturday but it will be a ceremonial funeral, not a state funeral in line with Duke's own wishes.
It will place entirely in grounds of Windsor Castle and there will be no public procession.
The Duke's body is currently resting in the private chapel at Windsor Castle.
On April 17, his coffin will be moved in a small ceremonial procession to the chapel for the funeral Service.
It will begin with a national minute's silence at 3pm – which will be broadcast on TV.
The Queen has approved PM's recommendation that there will be a period of national mourning starting yesterday and ending on Saturday.
The Royal Family will observe two weeks of mourning.
The coffin will be moved to the state entrance of Windsor Castle by a bearer party from the Grenadier Guards.
The ceremonial procession will step off from the state entrance at 2.45pm.
Prince of Wales and members of royal family will follow on foot behind the coffin
All those taking part in the procession will not enter St George's Chapel and the Funeral service will begin as coffin enters St George's Chapel.
A Palace spokesman said: "This event will be much reduced in scale with no public access.
"In line with Government guidelines and public health measures, there will be no public processions and the duke's funeral will take place entirely within the grounds of Windsor Castle.
"The plans have been given final approval by the Queen and reflect appropriately Government advice.
"Despite these necessary changes, they still very much reflect the personal wishes of the duke.
"Although the ceremonial arrangements are reduced, the occasion will still celebrate and recognise the duke's life and his more than 70 years of service to the Queen, the UK and the Commonwealth."
Source: Read Full Article