Nashville bomber Anthony Warner gave away his possessions and told neighbor ‘the world is going to remember me’

NASHVILLE bomber Anthony Quinn Warner told a neighbor “the world is never going to forget me” in a chilling prediction of his deadly intent just days before detonating a bomb on Christmas Day.

The 63-year-old bomber may have given a clue to his grim plans – which saw him blow himself and half a Tennessee city block up on December 25.

Neighbor Rick Laude has revealed a seemingly-innocent conversation that exposes Warner’s state of mind in the days before the bomb blast that killed him and wounded three other people.

Mr Laude saw Warner standing at his mailbox less than a week before Christmas and pulled over in his car to talk, he told the Associated Press.

After asking how Warner’s elderly mother was doing, Mr Laude said he casually asked him, “Is Santa going to bring you anything good for Christmas?”

He said 'The world is never going to forget me'

Warner smiled and said, “Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me,” his neighbor recalled.

Mr Laude said he didn’t think much of the remark and thought Warner only meant that “something good” was going to happen for him financially.

He was speechless when he learned that authorities had identified Warner as the bomber.

“Nothing about this guy raised any red flags,” shocked Mr Laude said.

In the days before he detonated a bomb from his RV in downtown Nashville, Warner also changed his life in ways that suggest he never intended to survive the blast.

The paranoid computer fanatic gave away his car, telling the recipient he had cancer.

A month before the bombing, he signed a document that transferred his longtime home in a Nashville suburb to a 29-year-old California woman for nothing in return.

He is also believed to have gifted another Nashville home to the same woman, Michelle Swing.

The computer consultant also told one of his employers, Nashville real estate agent Steve Fridrich he was retiring.

But he didn’t leave behind a clear digital footprint or any other obvious clues to explain why he set off the explosion in his parked RV.

There are also no clear motives to why Warner played a message from his RV warning people to flee before it damaged dozens of buildings and knocked out cellphone service in the area.

As investigators continued to search for a motive, police have released the footage of the explosion which offers more insight into the devastating explosion.

The recording from Officer Michael Sipos’ camera captures officers walking past the RV parked across the street as the recorded warning blares and then helping people evacuate after the thunderous blast off camera.

Before the blast, a witness heard a broadcast coming from the RV giving a dire warning: “Evacuate now. There is a bomb. A bomb is in this vehicle and will explode."

The RV was also heard blaring out Petula Clark's pop classic 'Downtown' before detonating, a hero cop at the scene has recalled.

The police bodycam footage captures car alarms and sirens wail as a police dispatch voice calls for all available personnel and people stumble through downtown streets littered with glass.

David Rausch, the director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said authorities are working to establish a motive.

“The best way to find motive is to talk to the individual. We will not be able to do that in this case,” Rausch said Monday in an interview on NBC’s “Today” show.

Investigators are analyzing Warner’s belongings collected during the investigation, including a computer and a portable storage drive, a law enforcement official said.


A review of his financial transactions also uncovered purchases of potential bomb-making components, the official said.

The Sun exclusively revealed that Warner was previously reported to police for "making bombs in his RV back in August of last year."

Investigators used some items collected from the vehicle, including a hat and gloves, to match Warner’s DNA, and DNA was taken from one of his family members, the official said.

The bomber recently told a friend he was going to "spend a few weeks in the woods with his dogs", which is why investigators are looking to see if he brought any canines with him in the RV.

“It does appear that the intent was more destruction than death, but again that’s all still speculation at this point as we continue in our investigation with all our partners,” Rausch said.

Officials have not provided insight into why Warner chose the spot for the bombing, which damaged an AT&T building and wreaked havoc on cellphone service and police and hospital communications in several Southern states.

But according to a report, the bomber was "heavily into conspiracy theories" and believed 5G was the "root of all deaths in the region".

Warner hoped he would be "hailed a hero" for targeting an AT&T building because he believed 5G tech was killing people, it is claimed.

His 85-year-old mom Betty Lane told The Sun she was "devastated and upset" by what had happened.

Source: Read Full Article