THE Queen has reportedly been "left in the dark" over Prince Andrew's defence strategy on his sex assault claims – despite forking out for his legal fees.
It's understood the Duke of York has had "little or no discussion" with the senior royals including Prince Charles and Prince William over accusations
Sources told the Mirror Andrew has been "less than forthcoming" about how he plans to fight allegations made by Virginia Giuffre.
A palace insider said: "Everyone from the very top has been left in the dark."
Andrew, 61, is battling a lawsuit filed by Jeffrey Epstein sex slave Virginia Roberts Giuffre which claims he sexually abused her three times in 2001 when she was 17.
The royal strongly denies the offences.
It comes as Andrew's hearing looms on January 4, with sources claiming he has ordered his legal team to cancel their Christmas plans so they can focus on his sexual assault case.
Andrew is said to have told the US team they must leave “no stone unturned” ahead of his hearing.
Most read in The Sun
Javid 'told to trigger Plan C in a WEEK by gloomy health officials'
Primark fans are scrambling to get their hands on the £30 glam winter coat
What to know about Plan C Covid restrictions in the UK
Ant McPartlin looks shocked as Adam Woodyatt calls him rude word live on air
Insiders say the Duke is “totally consumed” by the legal battle and has been staying up late in the night to talk constantly with lawyers in California.
It's understood the Queen is spending millions of pounds to privately fund Andrew's fight against allegations of sex abuse.
Royal courtiers expect the legal bill to run into the millions.
Last week, Robert’s lawyers claimed that Andrew's disastrous Newsnight interview is evidence of his "guilt".
The Duke of York sparked fury with a legal filing in October that branded Virginia a “money-hungry sex kitten” who was only suing him for “another pay day”.
David Boies, Virginia's lawyer, then hit back in a court filing in New York opposing Andrew's motion to dismiss.
He wrote: "During that interview, Prince Andrew said that he could not recall ever meeting Ms Giuffre, a denial so at odds with photographs and other evidence that it is itself indicative of guilt."
Andrew famously claimed in the interview he was medically unable to perspire, a response to Virginia's account of an alleged sweaty dance in London.
And he claimed a photo of him with his arm round Virginia – said to have been taken in Maxwell's home – could have been doctored as he'd never met her.
It comes after Andrew was spotted looking anxious as Ghislaine Maxwell's sex trafficking case continues.
The Duke of York, 61, was horseriding near Windsor Castle on Thursday.
The US court has seen a pic of paedo Jeffrey Epstein and Maxwell at the Queen’s Balmoral estate.
The snap shows the pair lounging on a bench on the deck of a log cabin on the grounds of the royal home.
The never-before-seen image shows the pair at Her Majesty's Scottish home, where it has been reported Prince Andrew hosted multi-millionaire paedophile Epstein in 1999.
According to reports, Prince Andrew hosted Epstein's entourage, including a model in her 20s.
Source: Read Full Article