A fuming mum has blasted TUI after her family holiday was ruined by the mouldy and damp conditions in their hotel bathroom.
Nicola Nash says her family spent more than £5,000 on the holiday but found mould everywhere, filthy grouting, damp walls and a wonky sink which appeared to be propped up with a metal bar.
The 33-year-old said they had to use towels to mop up surface water but still managed to slip and bruise themselves.
Nicola, from Dundee, paid £5,179 for the all-inclusive package for herself, husband and three children at the Hotel Globales Bouganvilla in Sa Coma, Majorca.
The family travelled in September but Nicola has now decided to publicly complain after getting no response from TUI.
TUI-owned cruise launches brand new US trips including Florida and New York
Home on sale for £1.3m with hundreds of plug sockets leaves buyers 'feeling ill'
She complained: "I find it abhorrent that you can continue to ignore customers' complaints. It appears to be a recurring theme.
"I will reiterate that the place we were subjected to staying in was a complete shambles, covered in mould due to a boarded-up window, causing injuries also."
Nicola's pictures show white tiles with dirty grouting, mouldy sludge on part of the shower screen, towels on the floor to dry up water, and peeling walls.
Thomas Cook crisis creates bargain Spanish hols for Brit tourists – with 50% off
Randy couple kicked off TUI cruise on first day for ‘having sex too loudly’
Another picture shows the underside of the sink, which appears to be propped up with rusty metal bars glued against the wall.
Yet another picture shows bruising to Nicola's arm which she says happened when she fell over in the bathroom.
Plane passengers share gross photos of worst in-flight meals they've received
TUI orders 47 ‘sick’ passengers off UK-bound flight to avoid medical emergency
The family also complained that the choice of food was very poor and Nicola included a picture of a plate with sweetcorn and an unidentified circular object.
She said: "We had no ventilation and the floors were extremely slippery.
"We had to put down towels all over the apartment floor, I slipped due to this and fell into the sink.
Tourists 'nearly blinded' after drinking 'toxic' cocktails in Bali
"My daughter did the same thing, she injured her foot causing her discomfort for a few days."
She added: "We lost the use of our window due to a late addition of outside toilets and the smell that came up the drain into our room was disgusting.
North Korea invites westerners to mark St. Patrick's Day with party in Pyongyang
Brit tourist 'eaten by shark' after hand with wedding ring found in beast
"Considering we paid over £5000 the room size for two adults and three children was shocking.
"It has left me disgusted, heartbroken and stressed."
Despite Nicola's experience, the Hotel Globales Bouganvilla enjoys an average of four stars on Trip Advistor.
Happywandererkent praised the hygiene of the hotel, writing: "The food was buffet style and there was always a good selection and everything was clean and fresh."
Drunk Thomas Cook passenger soiled himself and vomited on seat before row
'Christmas chaos' as train union announces month of strikes up to New Year's Day
Darren Y who also visited in September said the hotel was "Out of this world".
He wrote: "Can not fault this place at all. Rooms cleaned every day with clean bedding and towels every day, well worth the money.
Today's Top Stories
But last month, user Zoe gave the place just one star and branded it a "run down council estate."
A TUI spokesperson said they would be unable to comment without Nicola's booking reference, something she says she has twice provided to the company.
Source: Read Full Article