Billy Bush faces new round of backlash over leaked audio
More than six years after the leak of Billy Bush’s comments egging on Donald Trump as he boasted about grabbing women, Billy’s been caught making a new round of inappropriate remarks on a hot mic. This time, he was reportedly talking about Kendall Jenner on the set of “Extra” when an apparently hot mic recorded his remarks. According to a Daily Beast report published Friday (Jan. 6), the Oct. 31 audio recording features Billy, 51, talking to production staff about a sexy Halloween costume Kendall, then 26, had worn. He asks what character from “Toy Story” she was meant to be, the outlet reported, then makes an innuendo-laden joke about the character Woody. “Kendall goes as Jessie and, believe me, there were a lot of w******,” he says in the clip.
A spokesperson for Warner Bros.’ Telepictures, which produces “Extra,” told Variety in a statement: “As with many forms of production in the entertainment industry, the show’s creative process allows the flexibility to try different jokes and banter. In the end, some material lands on the cutting room floor, including remarks that may be too edgy to air on broadcast television.”
Billy’s involvement in the 2016 hot mic scandal with Trump — recorded in 2005 on the set of “Access Hollywood” — ultimately got Billy fired from “Today.” “Obviously I’m embarrassed and ashamed,” Billy said at the time. “It’s no excuse, but this happened 11 years ago — I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I’m very sorry.”
RELATED: More of the biggest talk show host controversies and feuds
Lisa Vanderpump reacts to Lisa Rinna’s ‘RHOBH’ exit
Lisa Rinna’s televised wine glass hurling days have come to an end — and her former “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” co-star and nemesis Lisa Vanderpump seems to be quite pleased with the news. “Ding dong,” Vanderpump tweeted shortly after People published Rinna’s statement announcing her exit from the show on Thursday (Jan. 5). Vanderpump’s apparent Wicked Witch reference comes after her years-long feud with Rinna. And while Rinna certainly has her detractors, many of whom sided with Vanderpump in the comments on her tweet, Vanderpump’s shade also garnered criticism from both fans and “Real Housewives” stars like Kyle Richards, who clicked “like” on a challenging tweet aimed at Vanderpump’s post. “This is the longest job I have held in my 35 year career, and I am grateful to everyone at Bravo and all those involved in the series,” Rinna, 59, told People in her departure statement. “It has been a fun eight-year run and I am excited for what is to come!” she added. Rinna joined the cast in 2014 for Season 5. Vanderpump, 62, appeared on the show for its first nine seasons. Rinna’s decision to exit “RHOBH” was reportedly a mutual agreement made with Bravo.
RELATED: Find out the surprising net worths of your favorite ‘Real Housewives’ stars
Leonardo DiCaprio, 48, and Gigi Hadid, 27, not dating exclusively: Report
Leonardo DiCaprio and Gigi Hadid are “just seeing where things go” with their new romance, a source tells Entertainment Tonight in a report published Friday (Jan. 6). “Leo and Gigi have enjoyed their time together when they’re able to see each other, but when they’re busy with various commitments, they’re doing their own things and they are not exclusive,” the insider says of the pair, who were first linked romantically in September 2022. “They have respect for one another and have always just been seeing where things go.” While Leo, 48, is “having fun and prioritizing work and spending time with friends” — presumably including the models he was spotted hanging out with in St. Barts on New Year’s — Gigi, 27, “is feeling balanced, happy, and focusing her energy on her career and daughter,” the source adds. Leo’s also spent time with Lorenzo Lamas’ 23-year-old daughter Victoria in recent weeks. Last month, Lorenzo told the New York Post his daughter is “smitten” with Leo.
Kim Basinger confirms Ireland Baldwin is expecting a baby girl
Ireland Baldwin’s baby-to-be is already starting to resemble her! That’s according to Ireland’s mom, Kim Basinger, who shared a sweet post about her future grandchild on Instagram this week. The actress also confirmed speculation Ireland’s expecting a baby girl with her boyfriend, musician RAC (Andre Allen Anjos). “I know it’s hard to read…But in April of 1995, this was a note I wrote on one of my first sonograms of baby Ireland,” Kim captioned a post featuring two sonograms — one, from Ireland’s recently announced pregnancy, and one from when Kim was pregnant with Ireland. “It said ‘4 white paws and a tail. Like I said to Dr. Liu (my OB), It’s a puppy!'” Kim recalled. “This weekend, 27 years later, I looked at @irelandirelandireland’s newest sonogram and could have sworn she was having a Beagle! Like mother, like daughter …,” she joked. The actress, who shares Ireland with ex, Alec Baldwin, also confirmed her grandbaby’s sex, telling followers the family has “a new baby girl coming our way. So looking forward to meeting this little Snoopy in June,” Kim added. Ireland announced her pregnancy on New Year’s Eve in a joint post with her little one’s dad.
Has Brad Pitt kicked off phase 1 of ‘semi-retirement’?
Brad Pitt may have already begun to step back from Hollywood. An insider tells Page Six that the “Bullet Train” star’s recent majority-stake sale of his production company Plan B represents a step toward “semi-retirement.” “One thing he’s decided is that he will likely continue acting,” the source explained, adding that Brad, 59, is unloading his ties to the business side of filmmaking, but remains “committed to his film career.”
A second insider, however, seems to think a total about-face from Hollywood could be in the cards for Brad, who’s been heavily invested in his Chateau Miraval winery. “He is considering leaving Hollywood and moving to France and doing his vineyard and art and making furniture,” the second source said. “He just wants to live in peace.”
Al Roker says he lost half his blood during life-threatening health crisis
Al Roker returned to “Today” on Friday (Jan. 6) for the first time since he was hospitalized last fall, missing two months of work. As he and his wife, Deborah Roberts, told Al’s co-hosts on the morning show, his condition was much more dire than he initially let on.
“It is a really special Friday morning,” Savannah Guthrie told viewers as she welcomed her colleague back to work. “I’m sorry but the tears are already flowing … Al Roker is back!” When Al walked onstage, Savannah told him he was finally “home.”
Later on the show, Al and Deborah detailed the meteorologist’s illness, beginning with the stomach pains he experienced in November. Doctors soon discovered Al had blood clots in his leg and lungs. He was also bleeding internally as a result of two ulcers he didn’t know he had. “I lost half my blood” from the bleeding, Al said on “Today.” After at least two long-term hospitalizations and multiple surgeries, including colon resection surgery and the removal of his gallbladder, he finally began to stabilize and recover. Al, 68, was released from the hospital and headed home for the second time on Dec. 8.
Anne Heche’s son announces posthumous memoir, celebration of life event
Anne Heche’s son unveiled his mother’s posthumous memoir, “Call Me Anne,” on Instagram this week after telling her fans and followers how much their support has meant since the Emmy winner’s death on Aug. 12. “Never imagined I’d find myself responsible for mom’s IG account, but here we are,” Homer Laffoon, 20, wrote on the actress’ account on Thursday (Jan. 5). “First things first, from August to now, the amount of love, care and support shown by those on social media and IRL has been overwhelming and blessedly received — thank you. One day at a time is working for me as I’m sure the healing journey will be a long one. Your good thoughts and well wishes will continue to comfort me on my path,” he continued. Homer went on to explain he felt a “responsibility” to share news about the book with the community Anne built on social media. “My mom had a completed manuscript for a second book at the time of her passing,” he wrote. “The book is the product of mom’s further efforts to share her story and to help others where she could. Call Me Anne is the result and I know she was excited to share with the world. So, mom, here I am sharing it with the community you created, may it flourish and take on a life of it’s own, as you would have wanted,” he concluded. Homer added that a special event has been planned for Jan. 24 at a Los Angeles area Barnes & Noble to honor his mom’s life as well as the book’s release. “I know mom would want to see everyone’s smiling face as she read an excerpt and signed copies,” he said. “I don’t plan on using this platform too often but know she loved her fans, loved writing (she wrote endlessly) and it would not feel right not to reach out at a time like this. As mom liked to sign off, Peace and love, Homer.” Anne died after sustaining injuries in a single-car crash in California. She was 53.
Source: Read Full Article