By now, we all know that wearing an SPF everyday, come rain or shine, is a must for healthy, youthful looking skin.
However, it can be easy to forget that last step of your morning skincare routine if it's a recent addition, which can leave you feeling vulnerable later on that day.
But never fear, because you can combine two steps in one with the best moisturisers with SPF, whether that's a cream, gel or tinted moisturiser with SPF.
As dermatologist Dr Beibei du Harper explains: "Any product with SPF will provide some degree of protection against UV radiation which contributes to skin cancer, sun damage and skin ageing.
"A moisturiser containing SPF might make people incorporate sun protection into their skincare routine when they otherwise might not."
Dr Ifeoma Ejikeme agrees saying: "A lot of patients are looking to simplify their skincare routines, so this is a great way to reduce the number of steps in your morning routine, without sacrificing any efficacy."
The biggest mistake people make when applying sun protection is that they don't use enough according to Dr Beibei. She says: "It's important, regardless, to make sure that enough product is applied in order get the stated SPF, as this is a common pitfall."
To help you choose which one you should be slathering on, we've rounded up the best moisturisers with SPF.
Best moisturisers with SPF at a glance:
- Best moisturiser with SPF overall: La Roche Posay Hyalu B5 Aqua Gel Moisturiser SPF 30
- Best tinted moisturiser with SPF: Morphe Glowstunner Hydrating Tinted Moisturiser SPF 30
- Best moisturiser with SPF for sensitive skin: The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15
- Best luxury moisturiser with SPF: Dr Nyla Radiance Day Cream SPF 20
- Best moisturiser with SPF for mature skin: Nivea Cellular Expert Lift Pure Bakuchiol Anti-Age Day Cream SPF 30
- Best brightening moisturiser with SPF: Murad Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Best high protection moisturiser with SPF: Bondi Sands Sunny Days SPF 50 Moisturiser
- Best moisturiser with SPF for dehydrated skin: Avene Hydrance UV Rich Hydrating Cream SPF 30
- Best high street moisturiser with SPF: Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser SPF 15
- Best lightweight moisturiser with SPF: Alpha H Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 50+
1. Best moisturiser with SPF overall: La Roche Posay Hyalu B5 Aqua Gel Moisturiser SPF 30
- La Roche Posay Hyalu B5 Aqua Gel Moisturiser SPF 30, £35.50 from Boots – buy here
La Roche Posay's reputation as a top notch French pharmacy brand precedes it so it's no surprise that the Hyalu B5 Aqua Gel is a product that once tried, becomes a mainstay in anyone's skincare collection.
It comes in a gel formula which makes it especially good for people with skin on the oily side and contains super hydrator hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and vitamin B5 which helps to keep skin soft and healthy.
The SPF 30 built in offers a good level of protection, with a focus on anti-photoaging.
It comes in a squeezy tube with a pump, making it easy to regulate how much product you're putting on your skin and the water-based gel formula leaves skin feeling quenched and smooth.
But how much is enough? Dr Ifeoma Ejikeme says: "For face and neck, you can ensure you are applying the right amount by using two fingers worth."
As an added bonus, the Aqua Gel primes the skin so also doubles up as a great base for make-up. What's not to love?
Size: 50ml, SPF: 30, Type: Gel
Source: Read Full Article