BRIGHTON’s form has faded in recent weeks but they are still far from the nightmare campaign endured by the Dutch giants Ajax.
Featured bonus for Ajax vs Brighton
⏩ Quick betting tips for Ajax vs Brighton
- Ajax/Draw double chance- 11/10 with Spreadex
- Steven Bergwijn to score –13/5 with bet365
- Lewis Dunk 1+ shot & Jan Paul van Hecke 1+ foul – 6/4 with Sky Bet
Ajax vs Brighton odds
Here are the latest match odds for Ajax vs Brighton odds from our top-rated football bookies. Odds are subject to change.
Ajax vs Brighton betting preview
Ajax, four-time European champions, endured their worst-ever start to an Eredivisie campaign this season.
Unsurprisingly, it cost manager Maurice Steijn his job but that decision might just have turned the tide at the Amsterdam giants.
Under new boss John van’t Schip, Ajax have won their last two games – both at home in the Eredivisie. Six goals have been scored to hand players, officials and fans a much-needed lift.
Things get harder here in the shape of Brighton on Thursday night but the Seagulls are also in something of a funk, having won only one of their last eight. They’ve not won a Premier League game since September.
It’s therefore hard to get too enthused about odds-on quotes which are attached to the visitors.
In what is a tight group, a win here would reinvigorate Ajax’s hopes of progressing to the knockout stage and they will desperately want to continue to build momentum.
Brighton’s one recent win did come in the reverse fixture a fortnight ago, a 2-0 victory bringing a rare clean sheet.
As highlighted below, their games have tended to be goal-laden so this should be an entertaining encounter.
However, from a betting perspective, it could pay to side with the hosts, who provide a couple of decent prices.
Read on for our best bets for the big game…
Ajax vs Brighton key stats
- After a run of 10 matches without a victory – their worst in Dutch football’s professional era – Ajax have won their last two, scoring six goals in the process.
- Brighton have kept only one clean sheet all season, although that did come in the reverse fixture two weeks ago, the Premier League side running out 2-0 winners.
- Thirteen of Brighton’s 15 games this season have seen both teams score, while 11 of Ajax’s 15 have also delivered on that bet.
- Brighton will again rotate their players, although injuries to likes of Tariq Lamptey, Solly March and Julio Enciso are making things problematic for boss Roberto de Zerbi. Ansu Fati and Joao Pedro are among those likely to start.
- Ajax also have some injury issues so recently-appointed manager John van’t Schip’s biggest decision will likely be whether to start ex-Arsenal and Middlesbrough striker Chuba Akpom, who once had a loan spell at Brighton.
Ajax vs Brighton best bets
Find our best bets for the Ajax vs Brighton game below. Odds for the bets are provided by the best sportsbooks per our expert reviews. Odds in the bettings tips are subject to change.
Ajax/Draw double chance (Spreadex)
Ajax have shown signs of finally kickstarting their season over the past week, posting two home wins in their domestic league.
While Brighton operate at a higher level than most Eredivisie sides, it’s also fair to say they are struggling somewhat at present.
Their 2-0 victory in the reverse fixture remains their only win in eight and they continue to struggle for clean sheets.
Odds-on about an out-of-form side winning in the Netherlands looks too skinny.
There remains some decent quality in the Ajax ranks and they look capable of taking something from this game.
⚽ Back Ajax/Draw double chance at 11/10 at Spreadex ⚽
Steven Bergwijn to score (bet365)
Former Spurs man Bergwijn has netted in each of Ajax’s two wins over the past week, while he’s now scored in three of his last five appearances.
While Brighton did shut Ajax out a couple of weeks ago, that remains their only clean sheet of the season and it’s not hard to see the hosts scoring here.
If they do, Bergwijn, a player with heaps of European experience, looks good value to be among the goals.
⚽ Back Bergwijn to score at anytime at 13/5 at bet365 ⚽
Lewis Dunk 1+ shot & Jan Paul van Hecke 1+ foul (Sky Bet)
For something on the Brighton side of things, let’s turn to two of their defenders.
Dunk has managed a shot in both Europa League games he’s played so far; the England international has actually managed multiple shots on five occasions this season, his presence at set pieces providing a big aerial threat.
Likely centre-back partner Van Hecke has started all three Europa matches, committing a foul in each of them.
Add the two legs together and you get a Bet Builder which pays 6/4.
⚽ Back Dunk 1+ shot and Van Hecke 1+ foul at 6/4 at Sky Bet ⚽
📺 How to watch Ajax vs Brighton
- Location: Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Time: 17:45 GMT on Thursday, November 9
- Where to watch: TNT Sports 2
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
World of Wonka slot review: Where to play, features, and tips
Top 10 best live casinos reviewed plus welcome offers and free spin deals
Arsenal vs Sevilla betting preview: odds and predictions
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Source: Read Full Article