LIVERPOOL are building up a head of steam while Wolves are in need of a result – but who will take all three points at Molineux?
Wolves vs Liverpool odds
Here are the latest match odds for Wolves vs Liverpool odds from our top-rated football bookies:
⏩ Quick betting tips for Wolves vs Liverpool
- Liverpool to win to nil – 7/4 at Spreadex
- Joel Matip over 0.5 shots – 6/5 at bet365
- Nelson Semedo to be carded – 16/5 at William Hill
Wolves vs Liverpool betting preview
It’s been a flying start for Liverpool, probably better than most expected with only two points dropped so far – at Chelsea on the opening day.
In their last away game, they won 2-1 at Newcastle with 10 men to really boost confidence and headed into the international break on the back of a 3-0 demolition of Aston Villa.
As for Wolves, their start has also arguably been better than expected – although that bar was set very low.
Many had them down for relegation after switching managers on the eve of the season but at least they’ve picked up three points, beating the other Merseyside team, Everton.
Still, this is a much tougher assignment and they struggled against the elite last season (see below) and there is little to suggest they are ready to get a result here.
Perhaps they will benefit from the scheduling with Liverpool’s South American contingent having little time to recover from long flights for this early kick-off after their international trips.
But Liverpool have plenty of strength in depth and should be able to plug any holes in defence and attack caused by such issues.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have an excellent record in this fixture, winning nine of the 10 in the league against Wolves, and they look likely to extend that run on Saturday lunchtime.
📝 Wolves vs Liverpool key stats
- Both sides must assess their international stars ahead of this early kick-off – Liverpool had Alisson, Alexis Mac Allister, Luis Diaz and Darwin Nunez in South America in midweek, while Matheus Cunha and Hwang Hee-chan both face long trips back for Wolves.
- Liverpool also have Virgil van Dijk banned, while Ibrahima Konate and Trent Alexander-Arnold were both forced out of international duty due to injury.
- Liverpool have won nine of their 10 Premier League meetings with Wolves seen the Molineux side returned to the top flight.
- Wolves were the lowest scorers in the Premier League last season with just 31 goals. They have four in four games so far this term.
- Wolves were also the joint-worst team for both teams to score and over 2.5 goals backers, recoding figures of 37% and 39% respectively.
Wolves vs Liverpool best bets
Liverpool to win to nil
Wolves aren’t exactly free-scoring and their record against the top six last year was poor with eight of the 12 games against them landing this bet.
In the head-to-head, Liverpool have also beaten Wolves without conceding in seven of the 10 matches they’ve contested since the men from the Black Country returned to the top flight.
Yes, Liverpool won’t have their first-choice defence available but prior to the international window the stand-ins kept out an Aston Villa attack which is much more lively then Wolves’.
⚽ Back Liverpool to win to nil at 7/4 at Spreadex ⚽
Joel Matip over 0.5 shots
Liverpool scored more goals from set plays than any other side last season and in the absence of Virgil van Dijk, Matip will be sought out from such situations here.
The Cameroonian has now landed the 1+ shot bet in five of his last six appearances for the Reds and so odds-against about a repeat here looks good value.
For those seeking a bigger price, he’s also 11/1 to score at any time.
⚽ Back Matip over 0.5 shots at 6/5 at bet365 ⚽
Nelson Semedo to be carded
Semedo picked up no fewer than 11 Premier League cards last season and he’s already collected two this season.
Here, the right-back will likely to be up against a back-to-form Luis Diaz, who should cause problems.
Referee Michael Oliver has started the season with a high card tally – an average of 4.67 so far – and he also booked Semedo in one of their two meetings last season.
⚽ Bet on Semedo to be carded at 16/5 at William Hill ⚽
📺 How to watch Wolves vs Liverpool
- Location: Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton
- Time: 12:30 BST on Saturday, September 16
- Where to watch: TNT Sports 1
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
Check out our top accumulator tips for this weekend including juicy five-fold
Everton vs Arsenal free bets, bestodds and top tips as Toffees seek first win
Best football betting sites UK – Top UK football bookies, odds & offers
All the best free bets & sign up offers for punters right here
Source: Read Full Article