Galaxy S7 smartphone explodes – but Samsung refuses to take responsibility

Shocking images have revealed the moments shortly after a Samsung Galaxy S7 exploded in a woman’s hands, before burning a hole in her carpet.

Laura Moss, a 31-year-old customer service adviser from Worcester, was checking her messages on her smartphone , when she noticed the device getting hot in her hands.

Speaking to Mirror Online, she said: “I must have been sitting there for about 20 minutes when the phone suddenly started burning my fingers.

“I instinctively unplugged the phone, dropped it on the duvet and to my absolute horror, the screen started warping and it began to smoke and burn.”

As the smartphone started to burn, Mrs Moss flipped it off the bed, where it proceeded to burn a hole in her carpet.

She added: “The smoking continued to increase, until it was glowing and shooting out smoke and sparks across the room. Soon the whole room was full of smoke and all I could do was stare at it in horror.”

Following the incident, Mrs Moss contacted Samsung, who asked her to send the phone over to be tested.

While Mrs Moss maintains that she was simply checking her messages when the smartphone exploded, the Samsung report concluded that ‘excessive force’ had resulted in the battery short circuiting and igniting.

Mrs Moss said: “The entire report was filled with extreme implication. I couldn't believe what I was reading… I had been honest and cooperative from the start and it read like they were accusing me of outright lying.”

Mrs Moss requested a copy of the report, which included scans of the smartphone.

She added: “Once again this proved nothing – it only shows where the battery burst and the damage caused by the battery explosion. So much presumption in their own favour.”


Source: Read Full Article