Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Gone are the days of wired headphones and earbuds, especially when premium quality wireless technology no longer costs an arm and a leg to snag.
Despite wireless and wearable tech being more affordable than ever, as seen in the smartwatch market, Apple has been continuously dominating the earbuds arena for some time now — dating all the way back to 2016.
In fact, a recent report by Counterpoint Research via Bloomberg outlined that Apple could potentially sell 82 million AirPods in 2020 alone. This marks an increase of 61 million units compared to 2019’s sales.
However, despite the massive surge in sales, the study explained that Apple is reportedly losing market share compared to other wireless earbuds brands.
Putting that fact into perspective, in 2019 Apple Airpods (the standard AirPods models as well as the latest AirPods Pro) reportedly accounted for about half of all true wireless earphones. The study goes on to explain that this year, Apple AirPods sales are expected to decrease to around 35 percent due to rival brands gaining popularity.
One of the major factors that’s most likely caused this decline of interest in Apple’s models is the influx of more affordable options that perform just as well as Apple’s AirPods. Currently, Apple AirPods retail for $159 on Amazon, and the AirPods Pro retail for $249.
Below, we’ve listed eight of our favorite wireless earbud picks (all customer-approved and recommended) from other brands that range in price from $20 to $179. To make your shopping experience a bit easier, we’ve also listed the top features for each item.
1. Letscom Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds With Charging Case, $19.99
- 20 hours of playtime
- Low power consumption
- Long-lasting battery
2. Letsfit Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds With Touch Control And Charging Case, $20.95
- All-day battery life
3. Tribit Active Noise-Cancelling FlyBuds, $59.99
- Environmental noise-cancelling
- Dynamic drivers for deep bass
- Charge 10 minutes for 1.5 hours of playtime
- Sweat and water-resistant
4. UrbanEars Alby Wireless Earbuds With Customizable Fit, $69
- Earbuds attach to charging case magnetically for extra security
- Includes silicone in-ear tips for a customizable fit
- Available in four colors
- Voice and touch controls
- Water-resistant design
5. JBL Tune True Wireless In-Ear Headphones, $69.95 (Orig. $99.95)
- Two-hour charging time from empty
- Hands-free stereo calls
- Signature JBL pure bass sound
6. Amazon Wireless Echo Buds With Immersive Sound, $89.99 (Orig. $129.99)
- Immersive sound with Bose active noise reduction technology to limit background noise
- Customizable fit
7. Jabra Elite Wireless Earbuds With Charging Case, $93.88 (Orig. $119.99)
- Four-microphone call technology
- Up to 15 hours of use on a single charge
- Fast-charge compatible
- Two-year warranty against dust and water
- Voice assistant compatible
8. AiPower Wireless Wearbuds With Wrist Charger, $179
- Innovative design: earbuds are stored and charged inside a fitness band
- High-fidelity sound
- Premium fitness tracking (heart rate, calories burned, steps, pedometer, distance)
- Available in four colors
If you enjoyed this story, you might like to read about these 8 affordable smartwatch alternatives to the Apple Watch — starting at just $24.
More from In The Know:
Brewery releases Dole Whip-flavored beer, runs out due to popularity
This $60 timer-operated mini safe locks away your phone to boost your productivity
5 Kindle books In The Know editors can’t put down
Subscribe to our daily newsletter to stay In The Know
The post 8 affordable wireless earbud alternatives to AirPods — starting at just $20 appeared first on In The Know.
Source: Read Full Article