Alleged sex assault victim’s case reopened over a decade later

A woman who accused a Wall Street lawyer of groping her 12 years ago may finally get justice — thanks to a recent scathing city report on the NYPD’s Special Victims Division.

Detectives from the sex-crimes unit reached out to Luisa Esposito of West Hempstead, LI, earlier this month to say that her 2005 accusation against allegedly lecherous elderly lawyer Allen Isaac is one of a handful of unresolved cases they are revisiting in the wake of the damning probe into their division, she told The Post.

More On:

sexual assaults

Temple frat house suspended after 2 students allege sex assaults

Harvey asks judge to force Weinstein Co. to hand over files

Creep wanted for sexually assaulting teen at knifepoint

High school soccer coach pleads not guilty to sex with students

“I’ve suffered for 12 years,’’ Esposito said. “It was so refreshing to finally be able to have a voice.”

The NYPD’s long-overdue second look into her case comes less than a month after the city Department of Investigation blasted its unit as pitifully understaffed and undertrained.

Esposito said her saga began after a 2002 traffic accident led her to the Wall Street office of lawyer Allen Isaac on July 8, 2005.

She said Isaac, then a married father of three in his 70s, molested her and insisted that she perform oral sex on him.

“He put his hands inside my bra, grabbed my buttocks, locked me in his office and tried to extort blow jobs in exchange for his representation,” recalled Esposito, then 47.

She rebuffed him but had to return to his office two months later saying she was struggling to find anyone else who would take her personal-injury case.

But this time, she came prepared.

Esposito said she secretly taped the lawyer admitting to groping her.

“I don’t know, maybe you got big t-ts,” he said in trying to defend away his lewd behavior.

Two months later, Esposito filed a felony sexual-abuse complaint with the SVD, but it went nowhere.

She said a police investigator told her, “ ‘Why don’t you go home and have a statement notarized and fax it to me?’ ”

Isaac was eventually suspended from practicing law for six months by the state Appellate Division over the incident.

But Esposito said she is very happy that her case has garnered renewed attention from the cops.

Still, the investigation has already encountered hurdles.

“The detective told me he called the Manhattan DA’s Office and requested to pull my file. Guess what? Gone. My file is missing, gone,” Esposito said. “[The detective] said, ‘Oh yeah, we find that extremely troubling.’ ”

The DA’s office declined comment, while the NYPD did not respond to a request for comment. Isaac said by phone that he didn’t know anything about the revived investigation and hung up.

Additional reporting by Aaron Feis

Source: Read Full Article