Man, 52, is fighting for his life after being attacked in 'disorder'

Man, 52, is fighting for his life after being attacked in ‘disorder’ following QPR v Luton football match

  • The 52-year-old man was found near Uxbridge Road junction with Davenport Road after QPR vs Luton match last night 
  • He is in hospital with serious head injury which police believe might have happened in attack after match
  • Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and no arrests have been made
  • Anyone with information or witnesses should call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

A man is seriously ill in hospital with a head injury which police believe he may have sustained in an attack after a Queens Park Rangers football match.

The man, who is 52, was found after the match last night against Luton Town.

He was found at around 9.50pm on Friday, near the Uxbridge Road junction with Davenport Road in west London.  

A 52-year-old man was found with a serious head injury near the Uxbridge Road junction with Devonport Road after the Queens Park Rangers match against Luton Town last night. Pictured: Police at Loftus Road last night before the match

The man, from Luton, is suspected to have been assaulted or involved in disorder after the match, according to police. Pictured: Police vans lined up at the football stadium before the match 

Police said they think he may have been caught up in disorder or assaulted after the Championship match and have appealed for witnesses.

The man, from Luton, was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service (LAS) paramedics and is in a life-threatening condition.  

Social media users tweeted about the disorder last night and expressed their sadness about the fights that had broken out. 

Social media users took to Twitter to express their sadness and anger after fights erupted following the QPR vs Luton Town game last night 

Metropolitan Police Detective Constable Arrash Faghihi said the incident happened in an ‘extremely busy’ area and urged any witnesses or anyone with mobile phone footage which may be relevant to contact the force.

He said: ‘This man sustained a serious head injury, and it is vital that we make contact with witnesses quickly.

‘The area was extremely busy after the match and there will undoubtedly be many people with information that will assist police.

‘I need them to get in touch as detectives work to build a complete picture of what happened on Friday night.’

No arrests have been made. Anyone with information and any witnesses should call 101, ref 7888/19nov, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

London Ambulance Service (LAS) paramedics took the man to hospital where he is in a life-threatening condition. Pictured: The match last night between QPR and Luton Town

Police are asking any witnesses to come forward who were at the match last night or may have seen anything. Pictured: Loftus Road’s match last night 

Source: Read Full Article