A CLEANING expert has revealed how to make your oven sparkle like new with products you already have.
Full of grease and leftover food crumbs, cleaning the oven is a task most of us avoid like the plague.
But according to one whizz, Neat Caroline, there are ways to make this chore a breeze – and not only do these not include a vigorous arm workout but they also totally work.
The expert, known for her cleaning hacks, took it to TikTok to demonstrate how you can make the kitchen oven free of dirt.
According to her, the first step is vacuuming away any debris with a crevice attachment – this nifty little feature will make it easier to get rid of any crumbs that are hard to reach.
''So satisfying,'' she wrote alongside the video.
read more cleaning stories
I’m a cleaning pro – how to speed clean your ENTIRE home in 20 minutes
We’re home experts, 5 uses for washing up liquid – it can even fix creaky doors
Soak oven grates
Covered in sticky oil and food residue, over grates tend to become extremely dirty over time – and whilst it might seem impossible to revive the shine, there is a way.
Caroline explained: ''Soak your over grates in a bathtub overnight with one cup of dishwashing detergent.
''The next day use a scrub brush to scrub away grease.''
Most read in Fabulous
I’m trolled for not using toilet paper and never washing down below
I quit my B&Q job as I was sick of having no money – now I rake in £40k a month
I’m a size 16 & tried the Skims bodysuit, it looked tiny & the results were shocking
Mum shares sweet gesture herson made after seeing her school shopping list
When life gives you lemons… use them for cleaning the oven.
Due to its acidic nature, the zesty citrus fruit has long been a favourite for numerous cleaning hacks in the kitchen, such as banishing stubborn limescale.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
And according to the New York-based pro, lemon works wonders for cleaning your oven too.
''To clean the inside of your oven, fill a pan with water and two lemon halves.
''Then bring to a boil in the oven,'' she said, adding that the temperature should be set to 225C.
''Once the water's come to a boil, remove the pan.
''Let the oven cool a bit. Then wipe the oven with a damp rag.''
Similarly to lemon, vinegar has also become a holy grail for many cleaning fanatics across the world – and it turns out, your oven can benefit from this cheap ingredient too.
''Dip a toothbrush in vinegar to remove grease from hard-to-reach spots.''
Baking soda tip
In the viral video, Caroline also revealed how baking soda can make your oven glass sparkle like new again.
To give it a makeover, simply sprinkle a little bit of the powder on the glass, before squeezing some lemon on top – this deadly combination will remove any stubborn grease.
Read More on The Sun
Warning to parents who drive kids to school… see if yours is on list
Woman left in hysterics as Asda provide useless substitute for pregnancy test
''Let it sit for ten minutes. Then wipe it away with a rough side of the sponge.''
Afterwards, grab a microfibre cloth and remove any excess residue.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article