A SAVVY homeowner and cleaning guru has shared a simple no-scrub hack that will keep your toilet looking pristine and free of any nasty odours.
Scrubbing toilets is one of the most unpleasant household chores most of us avoid like the plague – but what if there was a way to do it less frequently?
While there are plenty of products in the market, one homeowner has shared an even better way to prevent grim limescale and nasty odours – and you won't have to touch the bowl at all, The Express reported.
The genius cleaning hack calls for one staple ingredient – and it's probably already sitting in your bathroom.
According to the whizz, who goes by the name “simple & fast” on YouTube, all you need is some white toothpaste with baking soda as an active ingredient.
In the viral video, the woman grabbed a needle and proceeded to make small holes in the red Colgate tube.
read more cleaning stories
Mrs Hinch fans go wild over a 46p hack to keep annoying moths out of your home
I’m a cleaner, 5 things that make cleaning a home easier & what I’ll NEVER touch
Once the holes have been pierced all over the packaging, the cleaning guru removed the film covering the lid of the toothpaste and placed the cap back on.
Armed with a pair of scissors, the next step is to cut a small section from the corner of the end of the tube – this will expose the paste.
After preparing the tube for the genius hack, take off the lid from the tank of your toilet and put the tube at the bottom of the basin.
Sharing the trick, the YouTuber explained that toothpaste is naturally cleansing.
Most read in Fabulous
I get slut shamed for giving myself a glow-up
Primark fans are going wild as it brings back a popular 90s trend
Major change could see parents not having to do the school run any more
I was publicly fat shamed by an easyJet flight attendant – I could have cried
She said: “Toothpaste is antibacterial in addition to providing freshness and removing yellow stains.”
Although it may sound impossible for the product to come out without the tube being squeezed by hand, the whizz claimed that the pressure of the water is enough to do this whenever the toilet is flushed.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
The account holder pointed out that the pressure pushes the paste into the tank which is then flushed into the bowl.
When this happens, the minty essence is “gradually released” into the water, filling the room with a fresh scent.
Read More on The Sun
Why you should NEVER wear flip flops or sandals on a plane
We’re disgusted after AA left us stranded for 24 hours – it was ridiculous
The baking soda-infused toothpaste also is said to leaves the porcelain surface free from gross stains and stubborn limescale residue.
According to the cleaning enthusiast, one tube should last for a month before you need to replace it.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article