IT'S November 25 and we've rounded up the best Black Friday deals we could find around the web.
There's bags of bargains to be found across tech, home appliances, toys, TVs, mattresses and much more besides.
- Argos Black Friday deals – shop here
- Skims Black Friday deals – shop here
- Simba mattress Black Friday deals – shop here
- All Saints Black Friday deals – shop here
- Oodie Black Friday deals – shop here
Taking place ahead of the festive season, Black Friday is a prime opportunity to buy cheaper Christmas gifts, as well as appliances, tech, furniture, beauty products, fashion items and much more.
So far we have seen Amazon launch its Black Friday sale, with major savings on its own-brand devices.
Beauty mecca Boots kicked off its sale, with an incredible MAC star gift, worth £98 but on sale for £39.
While fashionistas can pick up huge Black Friday savings at AllSaints, including £96 off this leather Balfern Jacket
Best Black Friday UK deals for 2022
Best Black Friday home appliance deals
Top pick: Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 ClearCook 5.7L Air Fryer, £80 (save £40) from Argos – buy here
Air fryers are set to be among the most popular products on sale this Black Friday, so if you've got your sights set on one, we suggest you don't wait until the big day land.
More appliance deals:
- Tefal ActiFry Genius XL AH960840 Air Fryer from Currys, £149 (save £100) – buy here
- Tassimo by Bosch My Way 2 TAS6502GB Pod Coffee Machine, £65 (save £34) – buy from AO
- Ninja Foodi 11-in-1 SmartLid Multi-Cooker 6L OL550UK, £228 (save £51) – buy from Very
- Ninja 3-in-1 Food Processor and Blender with Auto-iQ BN800UK, £125 (save £74) – buy now from Very
- Lakeland slow cooker 6L, £29.99 (save £30) – buy from Lakeland
Best Black Friday mattress deals
Top pick: Emma Signature Bed Bundle (mattress, pillows and protector), £894.40 (save £1341.60) – buy here
Buying a mattress during Black Friday can save you hundreds of pounds. Most of the major brands are already slashing prices on a wide range of mattresses, from hybrid to foam or pocket sprung options.
There are several brand sales in full swing right now, including Emma, Simba, Nectar and Otty. We've picked our favourite mattresses from each manufacturer below.
More mattress deals:
- Emma Original Mattress, £249.50 (save £249.50) – buy from Emma
- Simba Hybrid Pro Mattress king size, £906.95 (save £742.05) – buy now from Simba
- Nectar Premier Hybrid Starter Bundle, £998.58 (save £1039.42) – buy now from Nectar
- OTTY Aura Hybrid Mattress, £249.99, (save £250) – buy now from Otty
Best Black Friday beauty deals
(AD) Elizabeth Arden, 30% off sitewide and free delivery + a FREE gift when you spend over £75+ – shop here
Elizabeth Arden has a very special offer this Black Friday: customers get a hefty 30% off their purchase, as well as free delivery, and will receive a FREE gift when they spend over £75.
This is the biggest sale and the steepest discount Elizabeth Arden has had all year, so if you have any goodies on your wish list now would be the time to buy them.
For example, the cult-favourite Retinol Ceramide Capsules Line Erasing Night Serum which usually goes for £47 has been reduced to £32.90, saving shoppers £14.10.
On top of that, they'll receive a gift box full of goodies, including face serums, hand cream and much more.
Find all the perks of this offer here.
More beauty deals:
- 20% off selected Charlotte Tilbury bundles – buy now from Charlotte Tilbury
- No7 The Ultimate Cosmetic Collection + Velvet Vanity Bag, £24 (save £28) – buy now from Boots
- Boots Beauty Showstopper 2022, £80 (worth £330) – buy from Boots
- The 'Best Of Mac' Black Friday Kit (worth over £140), £59 – buy from Mac
Best vacuum cleaner Black Friday deals
Top pick: Shark Anti Hair Wrap IZ202UK Cordless Vacuum Cleaner from Currys, £199 (save £160) – buy here
Shark remains a popular choice when it comes to Black Friday vacuum cleaner deals, and the mega price cuts featured in the Currys early Black Friday sale don't disappoint.
More floorcare deals:
- Dyson V10 Absolute, £325 (save £104) – buy from John Lewis
- Dyson V10 Extra, £319 (save £130) – buy from Currys
- Henry HVX 200-11 Xtra Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, £140 (save £30) – buy from Argos
- Shark Anti Hair Wrap NZ710UK Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, £169 (save £130) – buy from Currys
Best Black Friday home deals
(AD) Save 25% at Emma Bridgewater this Black Friday – shop here
Homeware brand Emma Bridgewater has launched 25% discounts on 'almost everything' in its Black Friday sales.
So if you're on the hunt for some gorgeous tableware, glass, enamel and textiles, make sure you take a look at what's on offer before the sale ends on Monday 28 November.
More home deals:
- Up to 40% off Le Creuset – buy from John Lewis
- 25% off Philips lighting – buy from John Lewis
- Lighted Artificial Spruce Christmas Tree, £26.99 (save £33) – buy from Wayfair
Best beauty electrical deals
Top pick: ghd Platinum+ White Straighteners from Lookfantastic, £175.20 (save £43.80) – buy here
If you love the ghd range and want to upgrade your hair tools, Lookfantastic has slashed the price on a number of straighteners and stylers in its pre-Black Friday deals.
- Beauty Works Molly Mae Styler Bundle, £104.95 (save £45) – buy from Beauty Bay
- Oral-B iO8™ Electric Toothbrush with Limited Edition Travel Case, £170 (save £280) – buy from Boots
- Babyliss Pearl Shimmer Straightener, £34 (save £50) – buy from Boots
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumiser, £30 (save £33) – buy from Argos
Best Black Friday toy deals
Top pick: Hot Wheels Corkscrew Crash Track Set, £32 (save 50%) – buy here
This epic loop-the-loop track set from Hot Wheels has been reduced to half-price in a mammoth toy sale on the Argos website.
Black Friday, of course, is timing perfectly for the pre-festive period so if you've got some kids to treat this Christmas, don't let this opportunity pass you by.
There's also a range of price drops on brands including Barbie, LEGO and Peppa Pig from several major stores – take a look at our extra picks below.
More toy deals:
- Barbie Cook 'n Grill Restaurant Playset, £50 (was £100) – buy from Argos
- Peppa Pig Mega Kitchen, £30 (was £60) – buy from Argos
- Squishmallows Sealife toy, £12.99 (save £4) – buy from Smyths Toys
- LEGO Star Wars Imperial TIE Fighter, £29.99 (save £10) – buy from Smyths Toys
- LEGO Harry Potter Advent Calendar, £14.99 (save 50%) – buy from John Lewis
Best Black Friday gaming deals
Top pick: Xbox Series X, £189 (save £60.99) – buy from Amazon / Currys / BT Shop
In a time of stock shortages, this is the console deal we've been waiting for: the Xbox Series S has been given its first major price drop since its release in 2020.
If you've got gaming on your agenda this Christmas, and the higher-spec Xbox Series X (still full-price at £449.99) is beyond your budget, don't let this discount pass you buy.
- Top pick: Xbox Series X, £189 (save £60.99) – buy from Amazon / Currys / BT Shop
More gaming deals:
- Nintendo Switch Neon + Mario Kart, £259.99 (was £311.97) – buy from GAME
- Xbox Series S + £10 Gift Card, £199.99 (was £259.99) – buy from GAME
- Razer Kraken Gaming Headset, £36.99 (was £79.99) – buy from Amazon
- X Rocker Maverick Gaming Chair, £82.99 (was £129.99) – buy from Amazon
Best Black Friday large appliance deals
Top pick: Hotpoint NSWM965CBSUKN 9kg Load, 1600rpm Spin Washing Machine from Very, £309 (Save £110) – buy here
If you need to fork out on expensive White Goods like a new washing machine or fridge-freezer, waiting until the Black Friday sales can save you a lot of cash.
Top retailers like Very have kicked off deals, with savings on top brands such as Hotpoint, Samsung, Candy and more.
More large appliance deals:
- Samsung Series 6 SpaceMax RB34T632ESA/EU 70/30 Fridge Freezer, £449 (save £280) – buy now from Currys
- Hoover H-Wash 300 H3W49TGGE NFC 9 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine, £269 (save £100) – buy now from Currys
- Candy Smart CSE C10LF 10kg Condenser Tumble Dryer, £249 (save £30) – buy now from Very
Best Oodie Black Friday deals
Top pick: Oodie Twin pack (2 Oodies), £98 (saving £80) – buy here
After testing out the cult-favourite Oodie for ourselves, we don't know how we ever got through winter without its cosy embrace.
Individual Oodies have had prices slashed by up to £35, but the best value for money would be buying one of the bundles, which could potentially reduce the cost to £50 per Oodie.
More Oodie deals:
- Oodie Mega Pack (6 Oodies), £252 (saving £282) – buy here
- Oodie Family Pack (4 Oodies), £202 (saving £154) – buy here
- Green Tie-Dye Oodie, £54 (saving £35) – buy here
- Avocado Oodie, £54 (saving £35) – buy here
- Grey Oodie, £59 (saving £30) – buy here
- Pink Kids Oodie, £42 (saving £35) – buy here
Best Black Friday TV deals
Top pick: Claim £100 free credit with Sky Glass TV – buy from Sky
The Sky Glass television was released in 2021 and is a great way of getting a brand-new telly and an assortment of channels rolled into one pretty affordably monthly figure.
The brand is drawing in new punters in the form of a £100 pre-paid Mastercard they can claim with any new purchased Glass – who doesn't love a freebie?
More TV deals:
- Currys TV sale: Samsung, LG, Sony and more – shop at Currys
- LG TV sale: win Club Wembley membership – shop at LG
- Sky Stream with Netflix, from £25 per month – buy from Sky
- AO: save up to £200 on LG TVs – buy from AO
Best Black Friday tech deals
Top pick: Two Echo Dots with Philips Smart Bulb, £34.98 (save £64.99) – buy from Amazon
Amazon routinely offers great two-for-one and bundle deals on its own devices, and right now you can pick up two 3rd-generation Echo Dot smart speakers with a Philips Hue smart bulb for 65% less than you would separately.
Naturally, you can link them all together to get a smart setting going at home – think about getting Alexa to dim the lights when you're slumped on the couch this Christmas.
More tech deals
- Sony WF-C500 Wireless Headphones, £49 (save £41) – buy from Amazon
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro, £299 (save £150) – buy from Currys
- Jabra Elite 3 earbuds, £49 – buy from Amazon
- Audible, £2.99 for 4 months: save 60% – buy from Amazon
- Save up to 42% on Sony SIM-free smartphones – buy from Amazon
Best Black Friday phone and SIM deals
Top pick: iPhone 13, 100GB data, £37.50p/m – buy from Carphone Warehouse
There's no better time of year to go hunting for great-value phone deals – SIM-free and pay-monthly alike – than Black Friday and we've already seen some great offers appear online.
We knew the iPhone 13 was going to drop in price this year, now it's no longer top-of-the-line, and we were impressed by the data offering on this plan from Carphone Warehouse.
For a wider list of options, head to our best Black Friday phones deal article.
More phone and SIM deals:
- 1 year Disney+ FREE with Samsung S22, £31p/m – shop at Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone 14: 100GB data, £45 per month, £0 upfront (Three) – buy from Fonehouse
- Apple iPhone 13: 100GB data, £38 per month, £9.99 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone 12: 250GB data, £36 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone SE: 100GB data, £22 per month, £39 £0 upfront – buy from Affordable Mobiles
- Samsung A13 SIM-free, £129 (save £50) – buy from Amazon
While the early bird savings are enticing, we always advise you to shop around to ensure you really are getting the best possible price.
Shoppers can use online price comparison sites such as CamelCamelCamel and Price Spy to monitor fluctuations and drops as the big day draws closer.
Best Black Friday car deals
(AD) – Save 25% on Carly car scanner this Black Friday – shop here
Carly is a great Black Friday purchase for motorists who want to make sure they're not wasting money on their car.
The brand's app and scanner can check the status and performance of your car, letting you know if it needs professional maintenance (or if you can do the work yourself). You can also receive repair tips, customize with coding, and view live data from your car.
This is 21st-century motor care and from November 23rd to the 28th you can save 25% on your purchase.
- Save 25% on Carly this Black Friday – prices start from £74.80 shop here
More car deals:
Amazon Echo Auto (Alexa for your car), £23.99 (was £49.99) – buy from Amazon
Best Black Friday broadband deals
Top pick: Hyperoptic 500Mb fibre broadband, £25pm – buy here
Hyperoptic is leading the way with our favourite broadband deals in 2022.
The provider is offering a 500Mb fibre broadband connection for just £25pm; that's incredible value that other providers will struggle to beat.
However, depending on the providers available in your area, it's worth shopping around on Black Friday to ensure you're getting the best price.
- Hyperoptic, 50 mbps average, £17.99pm – buy here
- Now, 63 mbps average, £20 a month – buy here
- Sky, 36 mbps average, £23 a month – buy here
- Virgin Media, 362mbps average, £27 a month – buy here
When is Black Friday 2022 in the UK?
Black Friday falls on November 25 this year, on the day directly after the American Thanksgiving holiday.
Not that we'll be carving the turkey here in the UK.
Black Friday is simply a shopping tradition that started in the U.S. back in the 1960s, before migrating over the UK around a decade ago.
Each year Black Friday only grows bigger, and it is now considered a global sale event, with thousands of participating brands and retailers.
It's a clear rival to the popular (but arguably dwindling) UK Boxing Day sales period after Christmas, and dwarfs Amazon’s annual Prime Day sale.
What Black Friday deals can we expect for 2022?
Black Friday has become synonymous with tech savings, and shoppers can expect deals on popular brands like Apple, Samsung, Fitbit and more during the sale.
You can also expect incredible savings on other categories such as baby, beauty and fashion too.
Based on last year's highlights, our guess is that mattresses will make a major appearance in Black Friday, with discounts running at anywhere between 30% and 60%.
If you're after an Echo Dot, Ring Doorbell or any of Amazon's cheap-and-cheerful smart devices, they'll almost definitely be absurdly cheap too.
Big-brand appliances that rarely go on sale will get their moment in the limelight too.
Look out for other appliance price drops on Shark vacuums, Ninja air fryers and Hotel Chocolat Velvetisers.
Don't go thinking it's just flash, high-spend items that are included in the sale.
During Black Friday, a quick peruse on Amazon will throw up all sorts of discounts on everyday products like dishwasher tablets and boxes of Quality Street.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Best Black Friday deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
- Lookfantastic Black Friday deals
What extra discounts are available during Black Friday 2022?
Shoppers can maximise savings during Black Friday by using the Sun Vouchers website to check for extra discounts at top retailers.
It's also worth checking cashback sites like TopCashback, which offer money back on any purchases you make at thousands of retailers when you use their site.
Right now TopCashback is offering a special £15 Black Friday bonus for all new members (it's free to join).
The bonus can be used when making online purchases via the platform at hundreds of retailers.
When do Black Friday 2022 deals start?
Not on Black Friday itself, that's for sure.
Traditionally Black Friday sales began at midnight, but over the last few years many retailers have chosen to begin their sales even earlier.
In fact, it's likely we'll see some noteworthy offers start to appear as early as the beginning of November (indeed, some phone retailers roll out 'Why Wait?'-themed sales in October).
However, the best is generally saved for last, with the finest offers usually not being launched until the week of Black Friday itself – so keep your eyes peel from about Monday 21 November onwards.
How long does Black Friday last?
Don't think for a second that Black Friday is a day-long sale, or indeed even a days-long sale.
In reality, Black Friday 2022 will likely span the entire month of November, so don't put off your deal-hunting until the big day itself.
This is a hugely competitive time for retailers, so each year they kick off their sales earlier and earlier in an effort to outdo each other.
In previous years Boots, Amazon and John Lewis, along with a number of other major retailers, launched their deals a fortnight earlier than the official date.
So far for 2022 we have seen many retailers choosing to go early with deals and maintain the same price throughout the month.
So if you see a great deal during this period, don't assume it will be improved upon when Black Friday arrives.
Whether you plan to head to your favourite shops or sit on your sofa and browse online, it's best to stay up to date with all the latest deals from key retailers by following this guide.
You can also sign up to retailer newsletters and follow key stores on social media to get important announcements and sale previews.
When do Black Friday sales end?
Most Black Friday sales will come to end on Cyber Monday, which in 2022 falls on 28 November.
Cyber Monday is traditionally an online only sale for retailers to slash prices ahead of the festive season.
Originally just a marketing ploy, the event has now become a final opportunity to pick up savings on coveted items without the Black Friday chaos previously witnessed in stores during Black Fridays of yesteryear.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday always falls on the Monday directly after Black Friday. So in 2022, that date is: Monday, 28 November.
It has the (slightly antiquated) name, as traditionally it was a day of online-only deals, with nearly all Black Friday offers available exclusively in-store.
However, it's now rare that you'll find any deals only available in shops.
So in reality, Cyber Monday is an excuse for retailers to roll out a final wave of deals, or to drop prices further on remaining stock.
More Black Friday Tech Deals
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday
- Black Friday laptop deals
- Black Friday TV deals
- Airpods Black Friday
- GoPro Black Friday deals
- Oculus Quest 2 Black Friday
- Kindles Black Friday deals
- Hoverboards Black Friday deals
What were the best Black Friday deals in 2021?
We reported on literally hundreds of Black Friday offers last year, but there were a select number that stood out as real gems.
For instance, mattress manufacturer Simba delivered some excellent 50% discounts across a number of its products.
In the Amazon Black Friday sale, we were wowed with savings of over 60% on some of its smart devices, making these budget-friendly items even more affordable.
It was a great moment too for beauty brands like Elizabeth Arden and Olaplex, with prices dropping across its cosmetics items.
Anybody going in searching of broadband saw the best Black Friday discounts come from TalkTalk, who were offering a £75 gift card with some of its packages.
Apple fans were delighted to see the lowest price ever on the first-generation AirPods Pro, which fell to £185. We've seen them for as little as £160 since so we're confident they'll fall again in 2022.
What's the history of Black Friday?
The term Black Friday, regrettably, has some pretty unsavoury origins.
The term "Black Friday" was first used by Philadelphia police in America, back in the 1950s, to describe heavy traffic on the day after Thanksgiving as people began their Christmas shopping.
The name caught on and sparked a tradition in retail.
It became a big deal in the UK when Amazon introduced Black Friday as a sales day in 2010. Other retailers, like Asda, soon got in on the action.
And, as online shopping became increasingly popular, Black Friday was joined by Cyber Monday, extending the sales period and introducing great digital-only savings for shoppers.
Is Black Friday the best time to buy?
Black Friday is a great time to purchase a wide range of items, across all categories.
But to really understand whether you are getting a good deal we advise shoppers to check price comparison sites to find the lowest price a product has been recently marked down to.
If you see a deal during Black Friday that's cheaper than the guide price listed on the comparison website, you can be fairly confident you're getting a good saving.
Read our guide to find out the key differences between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and which day is best for discounts.
What's the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Historically, Black Friday and Cyber Monday were two very distinct, very separate sales.
On Black Friday itself, the vast majority of deals were in-store – you know, in those old days before computers and smartphones.
Then, with the advent of internet shopping, Cyber Monday emerged as a day of online-only deals.
However, these days there's no real difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday as very few deals are either exclusively in-store or online (unless of course it's an online-only seller).
More Black Friday Home and Lifestyle Deals
- Shark Black Friday deals
- Dyson Black Friday
- Ninja Foodi Black Friday
- Ring Doorbell Black Friday Deals
- Wayfair Black Friday
- Aldi Black Friday
- Dewalt Black Friday
- Black Friday advent calendar sales
- Black Friday wine deals
- Black Friday whisky deals
More Black Friday savings
Amazon Black Friday sale 2022: Ring and Echo Dot at lowest ever price
FILL YOUR BOOTS
Boots Black Friday sale 2022: Latest deals on MAC, Oral-B, No 7 and more
Is Black Friday cheaper than Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is just limited to the online retailer, while Black Friday offers competitive deals from numerous shops and sites. And the former is strictly limited to Prime customers.
However, there are big savings to be had on Prime Day, particularly on the company's own lines of products – such as Echo Dot, Kindle and Fire Stick. Prime Day generally edges out Black Friday on tech deals overall.
But Black Friday is generally top for a range of other items, including homeware. It's also better positioned for you to take advantage of big savings when it comes to Christmas shopping.
Can I get cashback on Black Friday?
Absolutely – in fact, our advice is to sign up now to TopCashback if you haven't already.
The savings site is a very simple, very convenient way of saving cash on online purchases from a huge array of retailers.
In general, you can claim back anywhere between 2% and 10% on your spend – and trust us, those amounts add up in the longer term.
Better still, TopCashback is offering new members a bonus £10 payout on their first £10+ spend – in these financially stressful times, who can argue with that?
Are Black Friday deals real?
Absolutely! Black Friday is now a well-established annual tradition, with all the leading retailers and brands taking part.
However, you should still exercise caution. Always remember that if a deal looks too good to be true, and you're not sure about the source, you should think twice before handing over your money.
We'll recommend all the best bargains on our Black Friday pages, so do have a read for inspiration.
Will Disney+ be on sale for Black Friday?
We're not sure yet if the streaming service will offer any deals, unfortunately.
But you can almost certainly find great free trials and bundle deals on the Disney+ website – so if you've been thinking about subscribing, Black Friday is definitely a good time to do it.
More Beauty Black Friday Deals
- All Black Friday beauty deals
- Look Fantastic Black Friday
- Cult Beauty Black Friday
- Beauty Bay Black Friday
- Sephora Black Friday
- Boots Black Friday
- Space NK Black Friday
- Feel Unique Black Friday
- Black Friday sex toy deals
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Here are some of our top shopping tips for getting the best deals in this year's biggest sales events:
- Do your homework Don't just rush into a purchase on Black Friday itself. Plan ahead of time what you want to buy and how it's currently priced, so that you know where the big savings are.
- Shop around The joy of Black Friday is that all the retailers are competing to offer you the best deal. Make sure you take advantage of that: compare and contrast different items or packages, and find the one that suits you.
- Start early Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the run-up to Black Friday – the early bird catches the deal. And if you're waiting for the day itself, set your alarm and start shopping first thing so that you beat the competition.
- Don't forget the last-minute deals Alternatively, if you can hold your nerve, you'll find massive savings at the end of Cyber Monday, as retailers offer their final deals. You might find they've saved the best for last.
- Take advice That's what we're here for! If in doubt, follow our guidance for the greatest deals and how best to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday – and beyond!
Does Black Friday have price match guarantees?
There are a number of UK stores that promise to price-match and you can be sure they'll all be saying as much when the Black Friday event comes around.
Retailers including Currys, Boots, AO, Halfords, Wickes and Tesco all promise to refund the difference in a product if you find it cheaper elsewhere.
Notice one name conspicuous by its absence in the list above?
In a controversial move, high-street stalwart John Lewis ditched its price match policy in February 2022 .
That's something to keep in mind if you find yourself shopping in the John Lewis Black Friday sale.
Source: Read Full Article