Family ‘electrocuted’ during nightmare Butlins stay with ‘blood’ on the walls

A raging couple have slammed Butlins after they were allegedly electrocuted while staying in nightmare accommodation with "blood" smeared across the walls.

Katarzyna and David Baldock described their stay with their daughter and a friend at Butlins Minehead as "horrific" and said they claim they were merely handed a teddy bear as compensation in July.

Heartbroken mum Katarzyna said she was "pulled in" by the worst electric shock she had ever felt as she went to switch off the bedroom light at around 9.30pm on the first night.

READ MORE Mum slams caravan claiming 'white powder' found after boozy weekender at Butlin's site

But she said the holiday had already got off to a rough start after they walked into the "shocking" conditions, which she says the cleaners would "have to be blind" not to have seen.

The mum "could not believe" what came next, saying staff at Butlins were not the least bit sympathetic and claimed that no staff members were even on site to help – leaving them "outside for hours" waiting to move to safer accommodation.

Butlins, however, disputes this and says that an electrician was on the scene within the hour and the family was moved to alternative accommodation, reports CornwallLive.

"I couldn't believe guests get treated that way," Katarzyna said. "And they wouldn't move us for hours. It was absolutely disgusting. They finally actually told us they had nowhere else for us to go."

The family, who live in Camelford, said the conditions were so bad that they were forced to leave a day early. They say they have had no apology and have to go through insurance to claim compensation back.

Katarzyna continued: "I went to turn the light off and I got a massive electric shock. It was a proper one. One of those that pull you in. The light was still going after and wouldn’t stop flickering and stuff. That was scary and there was no caregiving.

“I’m also a cleaner and you’d have to be a blind cleaner not to see the blood on the walls. It was smudged and I thought it was dirt but it was actually like raw blood – it was fresh and you could see that.

  • Man forced to pay extra £110 after he got on wrong Ryanair flight – baffling staff

Have you had a holiday from hell? Contact us at [email protected]

“My husband, who is in a wheelchair, said I had to go and get hold of someone after the electric shock and he popped to the toilet and he got the same from the toilet switch. It was not a little one."

She added: "After the electrician finally came he told us we could not stay there and we were moved. My daughter couldn’t sleep all night. She didn’t want to go to the toilet or anything and she was scared because she's autistic and struggles with things. It takes her a long time to understand and no matter what we told her all night it was hours and hours before she would accept that she was going to be fine.

"They gave me teddy bears as compensation."

A spokesperson for Butlins said: "We’re sorry for the Baldock family’s experience with us on resort recently. Safety is our top priority and where an issue does arise, our team work hard to ensure that it is dealt with as quickly as possible.

"Once reported, our on-resort electrician was inspecting their accommodation within the hour. In order for a full electrical inspection to be conducted, we moved the family to different accommodation for the remainder of their break and apologised for any inconvenience caused. We have been in contact with the Baldock family directly to discuss the issues raised in more detail."

Butlins have been contacted for comment.

READ NEXT:

  • Tourist dead after 'arm and leg' ripped off in horror shark attack as families watched

  • Man, 22, who fell during lads' holiday in Cyprus now can't walk or talk

  • Mum's dream holiday ruined after kids left with severe burns while wearing factor 50

  • Man sends photos of his penis to horrified plane passengers on flight 'for fun'

  • Horrifying moment toxic gas floods port killing 12 after crane dropped tank

Source: Read Full Article