BRIAN Laundrie is being hunted by the FBI after the body of his girlfriend Gabby Petito was found at a Wyoming campsite.
Now Dog the Bounty Hunter is searching for Laundrie after he went missing having returned to his Florida home alone when he and Petito were roughly two months into a four-month adventure.
Why is Dog the Bounty Hunter searching for Brian Laundrie?
Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search for Laundrie, 23, as he told Petito's family he "wants to help bring justice for her death".
Cops have been searching for Laundrie after following the travel blogger's death during their cross-country road trip.
As the manhunt for Laundrie continues, the reward for tips on his whereabouts has increased to $30,000, which caught the eye of one famed bounty hunter.
On September 25, the TV star said his “heart goes out” to the family of Petito, and he “wants to help bring justice for her death."
Dog wanted to help with the case after he and his new wife Francie Frane "experienced extreme loss themselves," his team said in a statement.
He told Fox News: "I know what the victims feel like."
When did Dog the Bounty Hunter join the search?
Dog arrived at Laundrie's parents' home on Saturday, September 25, 2021, and knocked on the door – but he was met with silence.
In an interview with the New York Post, Dog promised to catch Laundrie before his 24th birthday on November 18.
Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the very latest news and updates…
Dog asked for "anyone with information on Laundrie's whereabouts to call me at 833-TELLDOG" and added that "all information will be kept confidential".
He added: "The dad can still reach out to me, through social media.
"Let’s get the kid captured alive. Alive."
Where does Dog the Bounty Hunter think Brian Laundrie could be?
Dog said he received a "lot of requests" to get stuck into the case, and he's getting phone calls to his anonymous tip line every two or three minutes.
And a lot of the information he's received points to the Appalachian Trail.
Dog said: "If there’s anywhere out there that looks the hottest, that could be the area.
"I think he’s young enough, not an experienced criminal, but what is his greatest experience? Outdoorsman – that’s what he does the best.
"I don’t think he can shoplift, live on the run, live in cheap hotels. On a one-to-10 he’s probably a six, compared to the outdoorsmen and some of the guys I’ve captured."
The TV bail bondsman also suggested how he would track down Laundrie.
He advised investigators to start with the missing man's family and friends before looking into his connection to the Florida reserve.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a hotel in Utah. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie set off on a cross-country trip across the US.
- July 4 – Gabby posts photos of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself at the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves at Utah's Zion National Park.
- August 12 – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no significant injuries were reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian post a video on their YouTube channel chronicling their trip. The video receives more than 200,000 views.
- August 24 – Gabby is spotted leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25 – Gabby Facetimes her mom, Nichole Schmidt, for the final time. In a later police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed "more and more tension" between her and Brian.
- August 25 – Gabby also posts her last Instagram. No location is given.
- August 27 – Gabby is seen for what's believed to be the final time. Witnesses claim they saw Brian in an explosive argument with staff at a restaurant in Jackson Hole, leaving Gabby in tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park drive past the couple's van "abandoned" on a dirt road.
- September 1 – Brian returns home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11 – Gabby's parents report her missing to Suffolk County police.
- September 14 – Brian's family issues a statement saying he has retained an attorney and will not be cooperating with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian is allegedly last seen by his family. He reportedly told them he was going hiking in Cartlon Reserve but failed to return.
- September 15 – Florida's North Port police announce Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah police release body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian's parents say they have not seen their son in a couple of days and report him missing.
- September 18 – Police announce they were searching Carlton Reserve in Florida for Brian. Police announce they have not found anything.
- September 19 – Authorities in Wyoming say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces the body was believed to be Gabby's but a full forensic identification needs to be completed first to confirm.
- September 20 – Police execute a search warrant on Laundrie's home, seizing his silver Mustang and a hard drive that may contain "evidence relevant to proving that a felony has been committed."
- September 21 – Officials announce they will be conducting an autopsy on the remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether or not they belong to Gabby. Police also resumed their search for Laundrie, this time on the Venice side of Carlton Reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI announced the body found in Wyoming was identified as Gabby's. The cause of death was not yet revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner's office said Gabby's official cause of death was still pending but the initial manner of death is homicide.
- September 22 – Police continue to scour Carlton Reserve for a trace of Laundrie but yield no leads. A specialist dive team is called in to assist with the hunt.
- September 23 – Officials announced a federal arrest warrant for Brian was issued.
- September 24 – Gabby's father announced his daughter's funeral will be held on Sunday, September 26.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article