I was impaled by my £35 B&M sunlounger – I was left covered in blood but what they told me was useless | The Sun

A MUM is urgently warning other parents after being impaled by her B&M sunlounger.

Jes Mitchell, 34, was left with a gaping gash in her hip after the £35 piece of furniture snapped underneath her earlier this month.

The mum-of-three had set up the bargain bed in her garden in Rochester, Kent, to help her family soak up the sun in the heatwave.

She sat on it a few times after buying it and assumed it was perfectly safe.

But when she went to lie on it just 24 hours later, a bolt snapped and impaled her in the leg – leaving Jes in agony.

"It was excruciating," she told The Sun Online. 

"As I went back the bolt snapped and it inserted through my leg.

Read More Heatwave stories

Moment desperate Tenerife tourists race to reserve sunbeds at crack of dawn

Hotel swimming pool trashed as ‘disgusting’ yobs hurl sunloungers & parasols

"It went numb at first and then I saw the blood.

"I wasn't able to get up to the hospital to get it stitched or glued and now it's a massive bruise all over and it's still oozing."

Pictures of Jes' injury show an open wound in her hip, with blood trickling down her leg.

The midday meal supervisor said she used tissues, plasters and Vaseline to stop the bleeding – but was left shaken knowing her kids could easily have been injured instead.

Most read in News

back on the box

Kate McCann says she's 'a little embarrassed & bruised' after debate fall


Investigators reveal how Brit tourist was killed in horror helicopter death


Archie Battersbee's family denied challenge to son's case at UN by Court of Appeal


Horror moment Brit, 22, 'delivers fatal blow to his dad on Marmaris holiday'

"The children were on it as well so they’ve been sat there and it had gone through them," she said.

"Luckily I've got a bit of fat for it to penetrate through but the children haven't."

In a warning on Facebook, she added: "Be careful if your buying the sunlounger chairs from B&M Stores. They snap within 24 hours and the metal goes straight through you!

"Luckily the kids weren't on it and I coped but it’s bl***y sore and won’t stop bleeding! Well done B&M making stuff unfit for purpose."

The 'Premium Siesta Relaxer Bed' has a steel frame with a "premium Texteline fabric" and is currently on sale at a reduced price of £20.

But despite going to B&M for answers, Jes claims little has yet been done to help.

She said: "They said [in store] 'oh we’ll just exchange it for a new one'.

"I said well that's not the point, if its happened to mine how many more is it going to happen to? They didn't want to know. I emailed them twice and I still haven't heard anything. 

"I just want answers as to why it happened."

In a warning to other mums, she added: "I wish I'd invested in something more expensive.

"Be sure to double check it through and make sure its all safe – or don't purchase one at all."

Read More on The Sun

Five million people still waiting for free cost of living payments

I live on the world’s biggest cruise ship but my cabin’s SO tiny

A B&M spokesperson told The Sun Online they take complaints about faulty products extremely seriously and will conduct a full investigation into the accident when they have more information.

They said: "We are aware of this and we're currently waiting for the customer to get back to us so we can investigate further."

    Source: Read Full Article